Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

b Circuit Connection misses signals

1 year, 10 months ago
(updated 1 year, 10 months ago)

Hi,

I am playing a rather heavily modded game (Angels Bobs Clowns) and noticed that the circuit connections do not transfer all of the signals to the factory floor. Certain ores (like tin ore) get lost in the transfer no matter the transfer rate settings.

I am using the same set of control signals to control ore sorting in different factorissimo factories, and the same signals are missing in all transfers.

Here is a save file: https://unoxxis.net/factorio/ABC-19-Missing_Signals.zip
All the three factories I am standing next to receive the same signals on green wire, and on the inside, the same signals are missing from the transfer (most notably tin ore signal, which makes all the factories produce tin like crazy without cap -.-).

Any idea why this could happen? In case it is another mods fault / interaction, please let me know so I can inform that mod author or temporarily disable the mod.

Thanks in advance!

1 year, 10 months ago
(updated 1 year, 10 months ago)

Hi,

due to previous limitations of the Factorio 0.14 modding API and a hacky implementation long overdue to be overhauled, each circuit connection can transfer at most 15 signals. My fault, hope you can find your way around this issue.

1 year, 9 months ago

Ah okay, I wasn't aware of the fact that this is "by design". I will find another solution. Thanks for clarification!

1 year, 9 months ago
(updated 1 year, 9 months ago)

By the way, I managed to get things working again with the Kontraptions mod from Klonan (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Kontraptions). The circuit transceiver can actually connect the real circuit networks, they have exactly the same ID outside and inside the factory building. This seems to be much more UPS friendly and less hacky (from the outside, haven't inspected the code). Maybe you can adopt some of that code to make circuit connections better in the future?

New response