Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

g Factory copy?

2 years ago

From my point of view, it would be quite logical to construct something inside factory building, like XX smelters to produce, say 2 full belts of Steel, then make N copies of that building with all interior, connect them with belts to two rail stations, to create a big steel production facility. I found that it was not working 3 years earlier. Is it still so? Or do Factory copy with content is already implemented some way?

2 years ago

If I still have to fill each Factory building individually, how should I organize it? I make one Factory with smelters and etc. Then I blueprint whole building, and paste it to other 10 Factory buildings standing nearby. But how construction drones will actually fill those blueprints? For some reason I doubt they will fly in doorway. We speaking here about blueprint filling using world infrastructure, without use of personal drones & roboport.

2 years ago

I've thought about ways to automate filling factory buildings, but I haven't found any satisfying, intuitive and mechanically stable methods of doing so. Instead, I suggest preparing your factory buildings at your mall using personal roboports before deploying them to wherever they are needed. If your robots are taking too long for your tastes, or your power armor batteries are running out, you could consider installing a mod that adds higher tiers of power armor or equipment.

2 years ago

I was looking through the threads to see if this idea was suggested, and this seems like the closest, i was thinking maybe a building similar to the equipment gantry could be used. I would suggest something like this:

You would have a 3x3 building/assembler/gantry, it would have 4 interactable locations (similar to the gantry or some objects in AAI) the lower left would be the factory building input, the lower right would be the factory building output. The upper right would be the blueprint desired inside the factory. Finally, the upper left would be the items required by the blueprint, this would need an internal storage of some significant amount. multiple could be used successively in order to build multiple parts of the factory to get around the upper left internal storage limit.

Thinking the blueprint location could be manipulated with aligning it to a grid, perhaps?

I know nothing of actually modding factorio, but this is how it'd work in my head. If it isn't possible, it isn't possible, but figured my idea might help. This mod is definitely one of my top favorite mods. thanks for making it <3

1 year, 11 months ago

I would be satisfied with manual construction, according to ghosts. The main thing is the recursive placement of the drawing.
As far as I understand, it is still impossible to create one drawing with the Factory settings and the Factory interior. Not to mention recursion?

This functionality is very necessary and allows you to reduce Factories to "black boxes" - a new level of construction encapsulation.

As for the "convenient" implementation:
technology unlocks logistical inventory in the Factory.
It is hidden from editing by the player and is automatically filled, by the requirement of blueprints, in the construction network, inside the building. Plus, a request is added from other Factories within the Factory. Placement is instant and automatic, no drones. It is the most convenient, simple and transparent.
Before researching the technology, the Factory is copied (ctrl+c) with blueprints recursively, but requires the player/drone to build ghosts.

1 year, 6 months ago

This feature is very much needed, since without it, you can't really copy paste a section of your factory that contains these buildings, and historically this was the reason why I always dropped this mod from my games.

The capacity to abstract factory sections into black boxes or ICs is something that is essential and missing from the game and the mod.

I'd also welcome some smaller footprints for the buildings and a techy look - I really hate these warehouses.

1 year, 6 months ago

Yeah I do love this mod, it truly is wonderful, but i have started steering away from the warehouses because of the inability to duplicate them quickly and automatically. They were hindering me more than helping, unfortunately.

A way to duplicate them is very much needed

New response