Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

b Game crashes when creating Fluid Connection

2 years ago

Im playing with Bobs and Angels and for some reason one of the mods i have installed doesnt allow Iron Pipes on concrete. So when i place concrete on a tile which has a pipe on it, it gets deleted. If i then try to place another pipe after removing the concrete the game crashes. (Deconstructing the Factory Building and placing it in the same spot fixes this)

Full Error Message:
[C]: in function 'index'
__Factorissimo2
/connections/fluid.lua:35: in function 'is_outside_connected'
Factorissimo2/connections/fluid.lua:41: in function '?'
Factorissimo2/connections.lua:139: in function 'init_connection'
Factorissimo2/connections.lua:177: in function 'recheck_factory'
Factorissimo2/control.lua:800: in function 'recheck_nearby_connections'
Factorissimo2/control.lua:843: in function <Factorissimo2/control.lua:815>
Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:91: MultiplayerManager failed: "The mod Factorissimo2 (2.5.3) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.
Error while running event Factorissimo2::on_built_entity (ID 6)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'index'
__Factorissimo2
/connections/fluid.lua:35: in function 'is_outside_connected'
Factorissimo2/connections/fluid.lua:41: in function '?'
Factorissimo2/connections.lua:139: in function 'init_connection'
Factorissimo2/connections.lua:177: in function 'recheck_factory'
Factorissimo2/control.lua:800: in function 'recheck_nearby_connections'
Factorissimo2/control.lua:843: in function <Factorissimo2/control.lua:815>"
Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:784: updateTick(13368743) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)
Quitting: multiplayer error.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

An interesting bug! What happens here is that the factory building has several invisible helper pipe entities that let other pipes visually and logically connect to the factory building. The mod that prevents iron pipes from being placeable on concrete does this by adding an entry to the collision masks of both the concrete and the iron pipes, disallowing both on the same tile, so when you place a concrete tile Factorio automatically deletes any colliding entities on top.

Unfortunately, said mod apparently adds this collision mask entry to any modded pipe too, including Factorissimo2's invisible helper pipes. So by placing concrete, not only did you delete the pipes you connected to the factory building with, but also the helper pipes, and Factorissimo2 was not prepared for its helper entities to go missing. Replacing the factory building works because this regenerates the helper pipes (placing entities via script doesn't check whether this placement is allowed).

I suggest you report to the author of this other mod that it shouldn't add entries to empty collision masks, including a link to this discussion thread. In the meantime, I'll have a look at what I can do on my side.

Thanks for reporting this, by the way, especially after you found a workaround.

New response