Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

b Issue with Editor Extensions?

2 years ago

I was playing with both Factorissimo2 and Editor Extensions enabled. In EE's map editor mode, while on the default surface, I accidentally deleted a factory building while using the deconstruction planner (which, in map editor mode, completely deletes things rather than placing them back in inventory). This left the factory's unique surface (#11 in this case) in the surfaces list, inaccessible to regular play. Attempting to delete the unused surface in the map editor results in a crash.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Yes, that's intentional. Factorissimo2 won't just delete its surfaces because they are part of a surface pool that is reused after every 100 factory buildings by default (new factory building interiors will be placed at an offset on existing surfaces). This is a legacy feature: at the time Factorissimo2 was written, there was a hard limit of 255 factory buildings in Factorio because the devs didn't want too many surfaces.

2 years ago

Is there any way to make a new factory building use the orphaned factory floor?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

You can place a bunch of factory buildings until the floor surfaces are reused, but I don't think that's what you're looking for. Is it somehow bad to just have the factory floor hanging out in the save?

2 years ago

Not especially essential, but it seems vaguely wasteful to me. Oh well, thanks for the replies!

New response