Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

g Electric network UPS consumption

3 years ago

Hello,
i've been playing some Factorissimo 2 alongside some other mods with some fellow engineers lately and soon enough ran into the problem of UPS and not beeing able to catch up with the server, thats when i started to test some in a singleplayer world and found out ... nothing at first. the update-time that fazed me the most was Electric network since it was sitting at 3.2 ms which was way to high for the size of our factory, even given the other mods we had on, so i started nuking all the powerpoles i could spot on the minimap, even the factorissimo buildings got nuked, tho nothing changed, if at all the time usage went up ...

After that i started a new sincleplayer creative world and placed some factorissimo-building and turns out every EMPTY F2 building takes about 0.01 ms of update time, meaning if you place 20 buildings you are at a time of 0.2 ms already, we in our case had those buildings filled with various machines ofc which put us at 3.2ms/update.

The worst thing however is that after destroying the building the ups consumption stays the same .. meaning there is no way of us ever getting the better part of those 3.2 ms back which is sad if you take into perspective that you only have 16ms computing time to give for the server to run at 60ups

Hope you have a look at it, good mod Mathias

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

In a future update the electric system in Factorissimo2 will be reworked to use direct connections, so there will be zero electric network overhead.

New response