Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

b Inaccurate Hotkeys in Descriptions

3 years ago

Hi. Thanks for the cool mod.

I have changed the hotkeys, but the in-game descriptions still mention the defaults. It looks like you have hard-coded them in the locale files. Check out https://wiki.factorio.com/Tutorial:Localisation#Built-in_parameters for useful info. You may be able to do a find and replace in your locale files to speed up the bug fixing.

3 years ago

Good idea, thanks!

3 years ago

I also remembered the overlay arrows not showing up because I had disabled mining drill arrows in Factorio's settings. It drove me crazy recently because it had been working and I wondered what happened. Google found the answer in the end. Perhaps you could update the in-game description there too. Your in-game descriptions are so useful. Keep up the good work.

3 years ago

I'm actually in the process of replacing the overlay sprites (including the arrows) with less hacky versions right now, making use of newer API features. The new arrows will not disappear because of a wrong mining drill setting.

3 years ago

Hotkeys have been fixed and the overlays, including arrows, are now better.

3 years ago

Thanks, though I'm waiting until Factorio 1.1 becomes stable before I test the new version of Factorissimo2. I hope it is soon.

Out of curiosity, is there anything that requires Factorio 1.1? Or do you prefer the simplicity of supporting only one version of Factorio at a time?

3 years ago

I always work on the latest version of Factorio because from experience the experimentals are always more stable than the stable release, unless they aren't, in which case, thanks to Factorio sending automated crash reports to Wube, a patch will be released before more than a few people are even affected.

In fact I'd say it's a better idea to only release new features in experimental versions of Factorio (after all the new features count as experimental too), though I will still fix critical bugs on both stable and experimental branches.

3 years ago

Hmm. You have given me knowledge and food for thought. I appreciate that.

New response