Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

i Limits on buildings per-player?

3 years ago

I'm only asking this is a "suggestion" if its something very easy to do (I dont code for this game so I dont know).

We run an OARC map and we dont want a massive number of Factorisimo buildings (but we love the mod and really want to make use of it) being used by every one as we tried once and the save game file got big too fast and we had some UPS issues from too many buildings - PLEASE NOTE: not Factorissimo code being a problem but with the virtual server being "simple" ie low memory/low storage to save server costs.

If there is simple way to make EXTENSIVE use of buildings a bad idea, we would LOVE to have it as a game setting.
We really love the mod, but a "soft" way to limit use instead of yelling at people "stop making EVERYTHING an F2 building please" would be appreciated. If the "limitation" was something that made game-sense, even better. Maybe scaling power usage going up and up for each building? I dont know. Just thinking out loud.

Great Mod, thanks for all your work.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I think that there are many different ways to limit the production of factory buildings, and that there is no single way to do this that will be suitable for all servers that need such a restriction. Additionally, the idea of resource gating has nothing to do with factory buildings in particular and could be made fully general for all vanilla or mod items that need special limits. Therefore I don't think that such a limitation should be implemented within Factorissimo2.

Instead, I suggest that you write a small mod of your own that disables the default factory building recipes and adds a different way to obtain factory buildings, maybe using some form of server currency, or by fulfilling some sort of supply challenge, or maybe by obtaining achievements or researching particular technologies. This way the distribution of factory buildings can be tailored to your needs. I'm confident that some of your community members have the skill to implement such a mod, it shouldn't be a lot of effort. Hope you have fun!

3 years ago

Yea, actually that makes kind of sense, thanks for reply,

New response