Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

b Creating entities without raising events

4 years ago

Hi, I noticed that Factorissimo creates entities without raising a script event, on updates.lua:36 and 45. This means that mods such as Disco Science are not notified of the entity's creation, and cannot handle them properly. Fixing the issue should be as simple as adding raise_built=true to your arguments to create_entity().

Cheers,
Daniel

4 years ago

The entities created in those lines are auxiliary entities, part of Factorissimo buildings. I don't raise a script event when creating them because other mods aren't supposed to know about them.

4 years ago

Ah of course you're right. However, I still suspect that you might be creating labs (or possibly any building) at some point without raising events. People using Disco Science have reported unregistered labs in their warehouses.

4 years ago

I only create entities whose prototypes are defined in my mod, none of them are labs.

4 years ago

Ok, I'm really not sure what's going on. I'll see if I can get more information from the users experiencing this. Sorry to bug you!

New response