Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

b Crash when placing factory

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

As soon as I try to put down a factory building, the game seizes for a second or two (seems to not be unusual, looking at other threads), then crashes. Tried with mk 1 and mk 2 factory buildings.

I'm playing with a bunch of mods, but as nothing but Factorissimo is named in the crash report, I don't know where to start looking.

Crash report follows:

Error while running event Factorissimo2::on_built_entity (ID 6)
Unknown tile name: out-of-factory
stack traceback:
Factorissimo2/control.lua:459: in function 'create_factory_interior'
Factorissimo2/control.lua:737: in function <Factorissimo2/control.lua:730>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'set_tiles'
Factorissimo2/control.lua:459: in function 'create_factory_interior'
Factorissimo2/control.lua:737: in function <Factorissimo2/control.lua:730>

5 years ago

Some mods that add more tiles or terrain types purposefully delete the tiles of other mods to make space for their own tiles. Factorissimo is innocent.

5 years ago

Huh. That's... kind of churlish on the part of the other mods, and a rather nasty failure mode for the game itself (since it doesn't leave any pointers to the actual mod responsible).

That said, this information was enough for me to finger Alien Biomes as the most likely culprit, and indeed, as soon as I pulled that, I can place factory buildings without issue. (At least in sandbox mode.) Alas that I'll need to start over again, but this mod is worth that. I've posted about it over in that mod's discussion, whether to fix the problem or be flagged explicitly as incompatible - not sure if it'd be sensible/worthwhile to make that same declaration in this mod's dependencies?

Thanks, at any rate.

New response