Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

i [Request] Rename each building?

6 years ago

So I'm absolutely loving Factorissimo so far and have had no issues at all. My only gripe is not being able to rename the buildings so that it appears like a train station name on hover or on the map. The preview pop-out stops being visually useful when the buildings start getting full of mostly assemblers.

It's hardly a necessary feature and I'm fine without it but it would be useful to have.

6 years ago

Ah, I just saw someone posted the same idea a month ago. Well here's a "me too!"

6 years ago

Hm. How about building an actual train stop next to the building, or smacking a map label on top of where it's built manually? I don't think adding a label to all the other things Factorissimo needs to juggle would be worth the effort.

6 years ago

I hadn't thought of doing that, good plan (now I just have to remember to do it... and have rails before I have factories)

5 years ago

Thank you a ton for that suggestion MagmaMcFry, I came looking for someone suggesting exactly this (mainly when they're in my inventory), a combination of Preview mode and this will get me through it, big thanks!

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hey thanks for this mod. You are a gentleman and a scholar.
Would really like to be able to name these and have it reflected on the tooltip. Signs are great except the fact factories are constantly being re-done. having to micromanage factorissimo2 WH and have to place them down and enter them just to figure out what they are seem counter to some of the key advantages of the mod. So much so that late-game, blueprints start to seem like a replacement instead of a great augment, and I dont like that!

Thanks again!!

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Have you tried using the factory preview? If you've enabled it, you can see what's in a factory building simply by holding it in your cursor.

4 years ago

factory preview work when build placed and can't select need build in inventory

4 years ago

If you've enabled factory preview, you can see what's in a factory building simply by holding the item in your cursor.

4 years ago

I would also like to be able to rename my factory buildings, though in my case I'd like to see the power draw on the power graph for each one, since right now it's just several "Factory Building Mk 1/2/3"s.

4 years ago

It's not ideal, but you can see the power draw of a factory by clicking on the substation inside it.

New response