Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

i Factory name

6 years ago

I am currently using a lot of factories in my setup with logistic networks inside some of them.

The problem I have is that I'm getting "Factory floor 32: Not enough available storage" alerts but it doesn't show where is the factory located in the map.

I know it could be hard to implement, but it would be great if you could rename a factory so the alert could tell you which factory is emitting the alert.

6 years ago

since tile entities (train stations) can have user-defined nameTags, this should be possible. Suggest looking into how the train stations store their station name and using whatever method that uses (hopefully doesn't interfere with train routing or think that factory buildings are train stations...cause i could also see that happening. not sure how factorio handles that.

6 years ago

Yeah, I'm 130 factory buildings deep today, being able to rename the building (and that then set the layer name) or even just the reverse setting the auto generated layer name to the name of the factory building so I can learn what the numbers are directly rather than by trial and error would be a huge QoL :D

6 years ago

Yes please! Or simply change the number listed. Right now, all my factories say "03" on them, even though there is clearly some sort of unique factory ID assigned, since the "not enough storage space" messages show a unique factory id.

New response