Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

a Update for 0.16

6 years ago

Hey all, author here.

Just a heads-up, I'll need a week or so to get Factorissimo2 updated for 0.16, because in addition to fixing what broke with the update I also want to add a bunch of fixes for a whole lot of bugs I've neglected to fix in the past few months. Please be patient and give me a week or two. If all goes well, Factorissimo2 for 0.16 should be ready for the Christmas holidays.

6 years ago

Just one question.

When you push new version of mod will saves from previous version work? I mean, will the factorissimo building work with 0.16 if they were made in 0.15?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

If everything goes well, then yes. But have a look at the 0.16.1 and 0.16.2 changelog, there's a bunch of fixes for bugs that happened during the transition of modded saves to 0.16, and I'm pretty sure that's not the last we'll see of such bugs. Maybe such bugs will prevent a seamless transition, but I'll make sure to report any such bugs I can find.

6 years ago

Sounds great.

Thanks for the heads up and waiting for an update - can't really do anything with current save when my factory building went AWOL :P

6 years ago

Wooo! Can't wait for the update(Actually, yes I can. Take your time if you need it, quality is more important. If it has to be released after Christmas, so be it, this mod is worth the wait!)!

6 years ago

thanks for the work Magma, I love the mod. dont like playing without it :)

6 years ago

I'm also addicted to this mod. Thank you for your effort on it!

6 years ago

great work on the mod. also actively waiting to continue a big map :) let us know if you need support

6 years ago

Can't neither wait for it, but yes, take your time, quality is the most important, and we all know you'll give it to us, even if it needs to wait untill next year :-)

6 years ago

I'm very flattered by all your support, guys, but I have bad news: I'm currently sick and bedridden with some sort of flu. Looks like you guys will need to wait a bit longer for the update. :(

6 years ago

:( get well soon. Thx for your awesome work already and take your time :)

6 years ago

Get well soon. This mod has quickly become one of my favorites.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Aye sir understood! Take your time and hopefully you'll get better soon!

6 years ago

Great mod. Can't imagine an update to 0.16 without it - my factory would be so messy :)
Thanks for the effort, get well soon!

6 years ago

Get well soon!!!. Your work is incredible, as this has become one of my must-use mods

6 years ago

Can't play without your mod. (゚▽゚)

6 years ago

Agree. Without this mod, I ain't playing! Make the Mod Great Again ;)

6 years ago

This mod is the best in the game! And great for making smaller bases when using other mods.

I hope it's not too difficult to upgrade the scripts.

6 years ago

came back to Factorio after new update, figured out this is the mod i miss most. Hope you're feeling better soon :)

6 years ago

Hope you get better soon. Best mod for Factorio yet!

6 years ago

I got better, updated, it's out!

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

still can't see the download link, just wait for a couple of minutes? or is something wrong?
edit: nevermind, just had to reload the page, everything is ok now

6 years ago

Thanks, both to you and Kremnari for the work. (I've used his fix since yesterday, and I see you merged it to master.)

6 years ago

Thanks!
But it seems to conflict with "dark-matter-replicators" (0.7.6)
"Failed to load mods: Error while loading technology prototype 'repl-factory-a' (technology): Value must be a string in property tree at ROOT.technology.repl-factory-a.localised_name[2][0]" (Worked so far without factorissimo2.)
Solution: Disable one of the mods :-/

6 years ago

Found a fix. Line 113 of process-actual-creation.lua in dark-matter-replicators:

display_name[3] = first_item.pointer.localised_name

instead of

display_name[3] = {first_item.pointer.localised_name}
6 years ago

cant load the mod, it gives the error on
factory.lua:3 module circuit-connector-sprites not found;

no such file <myinstalldir>/data/core/lualib/circuit-connector-sprites.lua
any idea what I did wrong (or what could be the reason)?

6 years ago

Are you sure you're using Factorio 0.16?

6 years ago

yes, really sure, otherwise I couldn't play with the artillery :)

after some checking, I was using 0.16.0, apperently that file doesn't exists in that version.

in the last 0.16.7 it does work :) thanks

6 years ago

Awesome, now I can play factorio again, this mod is amazing,

6 years ago

Would it be possible to optimize Factorissimo so it doesn't transfer power in/out of factory buildings every tick? As after tinkering with some of Factorissimo code I found out that on_tick spends more than 75% of time on power transfer (I have over 150 factory buildings in my factory).

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Yeah, but it would make your power graphs rather ugly. EDIT: Ok here, I made a setting for that.

6 years ago

Yay! Thank you for quick the update! With batch size 60 this optimization shaved almost a whole millisecond for my factory. Thanks again!

4 years ago

I just starting playing the game again with a friend and i wanted to look at my old world i had to see how i set some things up yet when i tried to this came up note i have already tried to install a different version and it still remove the factories witch has my design that im looking for.. Any help we be nice.
Error while running event Factorissimo2::on_configuration_changed
Factorissimo2/updates.lua:9: This save is too old to be reloaded in Factorissimo2 version 2.3.0+. To run this save in 0.17, you need to load and save this map once, using Factorissimo2 version 2.2.3 in Factorio 0.16
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
Factorissimo2/updates.lua:9: in function 'run'
Factorissimo2/control.lua:116: in function <Factorissimo2/control.lua:114>

4 years ago

Your save is too old to be reloaded in Factorissimo2 version 2.3.0+. To run this save in 0.17, you need to load and save this map once, using Factorissimo2 version 2.2.3 in Factorio 0.16.

You say you've already tried that, but what went wrong?

Also instead of reviving this ancient message thread it would have been better if you made a new thread.

New response