Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

i A way to delete factories

6 years ago

It occurred to me while playing that it's technically impossible to delete a factory without resorting to console commands. Even shooting a factory doesn't actually delete the surface associated with it. While not a huge issue, it would probably be best to add in some way to delete a factory. Abandoned/destroyed factories taking up both memory and UPS are less than ideal, and destroyed factories are unremovable in singleplayer unless you want to disable achievements.

I can't imagine it would be too hard to add, after all there is already a command to do it, you just need some sort of interface for it. Another nice thing might be a config option to automatically delete factories if they're destroyed.

Somewhat related, but a config option for the maximum number of item-form factories would be nice. Essentially a non-issue in singleplayer, but if you have a multiplayer server it would be a lot more debilitating at high player counts.

New response