Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

b Placing power poles creates isolated networks

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I used some medium electric poles inside a factorissimo building because I had to run some circuits around. But any beacon in range of the power poles gets put onto an isolated power network and shows zero electricity and won't operate. My refineries show yellow power bars but somehow they're full and they still seem to operate. I tried running more power poles over to the power monitor but it didn't help.

Is this new? I feel like I would have noticed it before but maybe not? I have no other mods that would affect the power poles.

EDIT: If I remove the power poles and re-place them, the beacons seem to 'reconnect' to the factory grid. But I don't know what happened to get them switched over to the poles in the first place.

EDIT PART 2: After 'fixing' them and coming back a few hours later, those beacons have switched back to the power poles 'network' and no longer operate.

6 years ago

I guess that's a limitation of vanilla, I don't think I can do anything about that. Try using different kinds of entities to hold your wire, for example empty chests, and if your wires can't reach far enough, get or make yourself a mod that adds a new entity with a longer-than-default max circuit wire reach (the prototype property to modify is circuit_wire_max_distance).

6 years ago

Good call. Replacing the poles with empty chests worked great. Thanks much.

6 years ago

I've encountered an error with your mod. After starting the 'Architecture 1' research, the game crashes with the notice "No entity prototypes are available for this building" and then hard crashes to the main menu.

using version 15.37 Steam release.

6 years ago

I have no idea what could cause that. Could you provide a list of mods you're using?

New response