Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

i Factorissimo Blueprints

7 years ago

Would it be possible and hopefully not that much of an effort to have a factorissimo blueprint feature?

For example I like to have Science in one building. Within this building I seperate it into research, red/green, blue, etc. where each one gets his own small building.

I would like to have a blueprint of that all together, including whats in all the buildings.

Probably it's too much work, maybe you could have a look into it.

Thanks for this awesome mod, I love it! :)

Cheers,
Joe

7 years ago

Yes, the new Factorio2 is just plain awesome. But the fact that it's impossible to "blueprint" a building and all of its contents is probably the biggest limitation I've encountered in terms of game play.

I imagine this might be very hard to fix. The fact that Factorissimo2 actually works as a mod is already pretty miraculous. And recursive blueprints might a bit weird, because I don't think constructor bots could enter from the outside, so you'd have to carry everything in. And it's not clear that the engine even supports the necessary features.

But I really miss the ability to share Factorissimo 2 designs on r/FactorioBlueprints. That would be cool. :-)

But anyway, it's amazing mod, and version 2 just looks gorgeous.

7 years ago

Unfortunately there's no way I can make recursive blueprints happen, however you can simply blueprint the entire inside of a factory building and share that. If you have a nested layout, you can put blueprints of all interior surfaces together into a blueprint book and export that as a single string.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Now that v0.16 is out and a lot of modding functionalities are added, could you take another look at whether you can make this happen? Think for instance of using recursive blueprint books or something like that and a way for the mod to detect that such a blueprint book contains the factory contents (naming the inner blueprints after the factory name for instance).

5 years ago

+1 for this feature.

I don't mind walking inside facotries to build them. Alternatively a factory could have a requester chests requesting alll ghosts inside and an internal roboport. It could then also request construction bots to build the ghosts.

5 years ago

I've done the whole many different BPs bound in a book and having to multi-stamp them as I go deeper (I really need to configure my next set to be self-building BPs so I don't have to keep going to my workshop/mall building for more parts) but I don't think Recursive Blueprints would really work given the way the dimensions work, you might be able to get a recursive BP thing to work with factorissimo1 so long as the recursion is floor X to X+1 to X+2 etc but using random factories nope that's going to struggle... I really want a version of the Recursive BP mod that A works, B has a good tutorial and C has Factorissimo compatibility

5 years ago

thinking about this couldn't you do a machine that's a BP stamper?

you'd need the boxes used to be the display to be combinators instead of boxes so they can be set with the stamping process
to identify the building size and position of the BP you'd need the configuration arrows in the BP
When making a BP any included configured buildings could be saved (after all they're configured combinators not items in boxes) then any building with the same configuration could be deployed?

You place in the BP and a building, if it's a matching size it generates the space as though it's been placed in the world (it that hasn't happened already), then it marks everything inside as deconstruct (if needed), then applies the BP to that space and ejects a ready to go building

Then stamping the buildings could lead to some automatic deployment of commonly repeated buildings the stamping machine may even be able to place some types of objects itself like basic/filter inserters storage boxes and roboports (to allow the normal logistic and construction process to then build up the rest)

5 years ago

I also just today hit that very wall. I wanted to simplify my smelting overhead and made a building that smelts 16 belts worth of stuff for my mega base. I need several hands full of those. Placing every floor "by hand" (at that scale floor-by-floor BPs feel like it at least) defeats most of the purpose (for me!) to make things easier to handle.

It wouldn't even have to be blueprints. I'd be perfectly fine with something (hopefully) simple, like just clone a building, but to place it I need to have all the stuff on hand for example.
(The plots could be pre-made on the surfaces already, but make placing the thing cost as much as there is in it. Or make cloning it have that cost!)

If THIS was possible, the mod would be my personal savior and I'd be all over it. Pretty please? :)

New response