Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

i Markings, Trains and Wire connections.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

MagmaMcFry,

The excitement of this mod was through the roof when I saw that you released a new one. I can honestly saw that excitement is increasing. I did have some ideas though, and I thought I would run them by you.

The first and most far reaching are two (or more) new buildings in which trains can enter. This would allow us to make a train stop inside. I figured the buildings would be rectangles and would, of course, limit the size of the train. Not even sure it can be done, but it is a thought.

The second is one that might be very useful. With Recursion and the nesting potential things can get confusing quick. If the locations where lines in/out were numbered, it would help greatly to remember where I need to make connections. I figured something simple, clockwise starting at the entrance. Just hit Alt and the arrows and numbers show up.

The third deals with running wires. If I could build a power pole on the border, but separate from an in/out location, it could be very helpful. Not sure if this could be implemented. Overall wiring is a nightmare, which has nothing to do with your mod, it is just a nightmare sometimes.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,
Have a great day,
Snowmech

7 years ago

Your first suggestion is unfortunately completely impossible right now and will likely stay impossible forever. I can't make trains teleport between surfaces, and even if I could, I couldn't make them pathfind through the teleport.

For your second suggestion I have a pretty great feature coming up that will help with that. Promise you'll like it.

Your third suggestion is about circuit signal wires? Power is obviously already available everywhere. Yes, this could be implemented with a custom power pole, but I'm not interested in making an exception on factory limits. There will always be some situation where you think you can just barely not fit stuff, and I think that's an important part of the mod. I'm sure you'll figure out a way to fix your factory layout. Hint: Instead of trying to span long wires using extra small/medium poles, you could try large poles, or you could try linking your wires using other types of entities, for example belts or inserters.

7 years ago

Well, yes, I am utilizing many techniques. So far, and I hope to be at a point to start posting BP's and Pics. I nested everything into one building, for purposes of moving all in one go. Al in all, your original mod was brilliant. This one, well, even more so.

For the poles, I sometimes use the input/output spaces. But if I could place a pole in between them, it would be helpful. In short, my suggestions are not made out of frustration or difficulties.

7 years ago

T-T

just makes me really sad know about the first Snowmech's ideia cant be reached... i just love it.. and really wanne see it trought...

pls pls pls... MagmaMcFry... cant you do some magic and make it happens???? pls.. you handsome..

7 years ago

I'm not the one who can do anything about this. You'll need to pester the Factorio devs to add a train teleportation mechanic, particularly between different surfaces, and with working pathfinding. I don't think the devs want to do that though.

New response