Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

i 0.15 factory pipe input/output volume

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

In version 0.14, the volume of the input pipe of the factory was enough to deliver any reasonable amount of liquid, but in the last update the volume of all pipe connections was increased 10-fold and new pumps allow transporting a huge number of liquids. Thus, now the flow capacity of liquids is limited by the volume of the input pipes of factories, even with the frequency of updating the connection once every 10 ticks (which is not very good for perfomance). I think we need to increase the volume of the input pipe at least to the volume: (pump pressure*120 ticks).
Thank you in advance.

7 years ago

You seem to have miscalculated a bunch.

Bulk pipes have also received the 10x increase in capacity (resulting in 2500 capacity), so they can transfer just as much fluid as before. At one update every 30 ticks, they can still transfer about as much as a vanilla pipe can under absolutely optimal conditions. At one update every 120 ticks, they can still transfer the produce of an entire offshore pump (2400 water per 120 ticks).

Note that inline pumps have been buffed so much that they transfer twice the contents of a vanilla pipe per tick, which means that any vanilla pipe connected to a pump already reduces its throughput by at least 50%. Pumps have been buffed so much so that you can place a pump directly between a fluid wagon and a storage tank and fill/empty the fluid wagon in reasonable time. Even so, updating a bulk connection once every 10 ticks still transfers more than a pump can pump. You are setting the connection direction properly, right? Setting a bulk fluid connection to transfer mode doubles the throughput compared to balance mode.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

You're right. My mistake was that I did connection tests in balance mode. In one-way mode, the bandwidth is enough. Thank you.

Ps: I'm just trying to get rid of piling up tanks and put them into the factorys for store steam from atomic energy: https://puu.sh/vy9cD/dc3ee746a4.jpg

New response