Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

b [Crash-MP] on_tick invalid entity when leaving a factory in world (Other mods involved)

7 years ago

Crash point logs from server:

2710.846 Error MainLoop.cpp:788: Exception at tick 50636904: Error while running event on_tick (ID 0)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
Factorissimo2/control.lua:291: in function 'update_overlay'
Factorissimo2/control.lua:780: in function 'leave_factory'
Factorissimo2/control.lua:805: in function 'teleport_players'
Factorissimo2/control.lua:883: in function <Factorissimo2/control.lua:857>
2710.846 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:93: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running event on_tick (ID 0)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
Factorissimo2/control.lua:291: in function 'update_overlay'
Factorissimo2/control.lua:780: in function 'leave_factory'
Factorissimo2/control.lua:805: in function 'teleport_players'
Factorissimo2/control.lua:883: in function <Factorissimo2/control.lua:857>"
2710.846 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:658: mapTick(50636904) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)

Client behavior:
This does cause a crash on the client involved (No one else will be on the server for a while unfortunately, I'm alone for at least 2 more weeks, so I am unable to tell if it causes a crash on the non-invoking clients as well).

(I looked at the code before providing this info so I don't give you a ton of useless info. My LUA is rusty at absolute best, and not nearly familiar enough to try and provide help with the crash sort of the info provided here and a backup of the setup for debugging)

Factory info:
- Mk 3 factory, no recursion in this incident
- 4 external pipe connections
- Teleporting to main world (From factory to no longer inside a factory)
- No overlay items in play for the factory in question (None of the on-screen factories have item overlays either)
- Speed is very high due to LEJV armor (Might be a factor, but again, not enough knowledge on the mod to determine that)
- 6 factories on screen (I have left other factories successfully)
- The factory had previously been placed, but had been left empty and was recently added to (This is the second time this has come up, and both came from a factory that had been placed, entered, exited without placing anything, entered, added to again and left)

I can provide the modset and the credentials to the server this is reproducible on if you need to debug more in an affected environment.

Client side screenshot of the crash: https://areqgaming.com/uploads/factorio_2017-04-11_22-22-57.jpg

I am available for contact and can provide more info as needed, as well as access to the server (I'll set up an isolated login for security reasons, but will gladly lend a fully hosted environment to debug the issue).

Thanks in advance!

• Anthony 'IBurn36360' Diaz
7 years ago

That's an interesting error. It seems that one of the overlay controllers inside was destroyed somehow. What other mods are you using? I'll add a check to the next update so that this will just fail silently instead of crashing.

7 years ago

My apologies for the delay. It has been quite a week at work. The mod list is certainly far from small, but listed below:

• 015_like_infinite_research_0.1.0
  • Additional-Turret_0.1.4
  • Advanced-Drills_0.1.8
  • Advanced-Electric_0.1.3
  • Advanced-Logistics_0.1.3
  • advanced-logistics-system-update-by-andrew_0.14.2
  • AdvancedRadar_0.0.1
  • air-filtering_0.4.3
  • AlertCombinator_0.0.1
  • BasicKit_0.0.6
  • BetterBelts_1.0.2
  • Bio_Industries_1.4.8
  • botReplacer_0.14.3
  • BridgeRailway_2.0.3
  • electric-vehicles_0.3.5
  • electric-vehicles-lib_0.2.8
  • EmdotHUDCombinator_0.14.5
  • Factorissimo2_2.0.2
  • Flow Control_2.1.4
  • InitialScan_0.1.6
  • ItemCount_1.0.1
  • Laser_Beam_Turrets_0.1.8
  • launch-control_0.2.1
  • Lejv-armor_0.1.1
  • LightedElectricPoles_1.0.0
  • LogisticTrainNetwork_0.10.2
  • More_Floors_1.2.0
  • More-Locomotives_0.3.1
  • Omnibarrels_1.1.3
  • Orbital Ion Cannon_1.4.6
  • ore-eraser_1.3.1
  • Power Armor MK3_0.0.4
  • PowerAndArmor_1.0.13
  • RailPowerSystem_0.0.4
  • RailTanker_1.4.0
  • Robo-Charge-1x1_0.14.5
  • robotarmy_0.2.3
  • rocketAutoStarter_0.2.1
  • SatelliteRadar_0.4.2
  • ShuttleTrain_1.1.4
  • SpaceMod_0.2.3
  • Squeak Through_1.1.6
  • Supercharged_Roboports_0.1.2
  • TinyStart_0.14.0
  • upgrade-planner_1.2.14
  • UsefulInfo_0.1.0
  • Vehicle_Radar_0.2.1
  • Warehousing_0.0.11
  • Waterfill_0.1.1
  • water-fix_0.1.1
  • Wireless Robot Charging_0.0.2
  • wireless-charging_0.3.3
  • wireless-charging-lib_0.2.5
7 years ago

Are you still experiencing the crash with the newest update? If yes, can you provide a screenshot of the inside of the factory involved?

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

This looks to no longer be an issue as of right now (I have a few other issues to track down now, as a few of the mods updated and now the world is performing much, much worse, but I don't think any of that is on Factorissimo).

Thank you very much for the quick fix!

• Anthony 'IBurn36360' Diaz

New response