Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

b Creating blueprint with a factory building and then building the blueprint crashes the game

7 years ago

First of all, thank you for the mod!

I've tried to copy non-empty factories and it crashes the game (I mean it just exits without any messages). I don't know whether it should be possible at all, but it certainly should not crash.

7 years ago

Hmm, that's a crash I hoped I wouldn't see again, I suspect it has to do with creating new surfaces during an on_robot_placed event. I'll see to doing something about this, but in the meantime you should not place any factory buildings using robots, neither empty nor full ones. You should remove the buildings from your blueprints.

Just as a note, even if this crash weren't there, if you place down a blueprint of an active factory building, robots will only fill it with an empty factory building, never a used one. To place down a specific factory building using robots, you'll need to shift+click with that building in hand.

7 years ago

So is there any way to copy factory buildings (i.e. reuse them)? For me it's very good abstraction to build upon

7 years ago

Even shift-right click, shift-left click copy will be good (even if it creates ghosts inside)

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

You can always use blueprints to copy the entire interior of a factory building. The copy-pasting mechanism is only going to be used to copy-paste connection settings, once I get around to implementing that.

7 years ago

Yes, but it won't help with nested factories. I think of factories as useful abstractions, hiding their implementation within as a black box, not just space saving technique.

New response