Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

i Support for bob's pipes/belts?

7 years ago

Does your mod support bob's pipes and belts yet? if not, please add those in as I'm sure lot's of people will use your factory buildings to save space when building large bob's setups :P

7 years ago

Bob's belts are supported, the pipes aren't (yet), although I recommend using the factory input/output pipes over any other pipes because they're much better for fluid connections anyway.

7 years ago

Bob's belts are supported, the pipes aren't (yet), although I recommend using the factory input/output pipes over any other pipes because they're much better for fluid connections anyway.
Why do you think that input/output pipes are better?

7 years ago

Input and output pipes have a much bigger fluid capacity than regular vanilla pipes, they can hold 250 units of fluid instead of just 10.

Also they have special properties, using a feature of vanilla fluid mechanics: If a factory input pipe is placed into a fluid network, it will very quickly suck up all the fluid it can get and fill up, even if the fluid level in the rest of the network is very low. Similarly, a factory output pipe will eject all the fluid it has into the connected fluid network.

These properties mean that every time the connection updates, it transfers much more fluid than it would with normal pipes, and that in turn means that you can use a much lower update rate than you'd need otherwise.

7 years ago

Wow, good to know that. Thanks for your explanation!

New response