Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

i The original building.

So seeing as this mod now exist i guess it would be safe to assume that there will no longer be any support for the original, which makes me very sad. The building in the first mod was perfect, size of the interior and spacing of the inputs/outputs allowed for some very nice designs that easily utilized the entire space. I got a bit excited when i saw the new mod but now that i have played with it i find myself going back to the original. The larger buildings are nice but the spacing drives me crazy, nothing in the higher tiers lines up, and the inputs/outputs could use an additional space between them.

Mainly i am posting this to see if you have any intentions of making the buildings more like the original as far as conforming to the objects of factorio more seamlessly. I am not a coder at all but the potential this mod has is astounding and i hope some of the changes above would be possible.

Added these links to kinda show what i am getting at.

http://s873.photobucket.com/user/Chaotic_Knightmare/media/Factorissimo_zpsicqc392m.jpg.html
http://s873.photobucket.com/user/Chaotic_Knightmare/media/Factorissimo2_zpsd4pqqs3a.jpg.html

7 years ago

I also had alot of fun with this mod before and was a little dissapointed I couldn't fit my old designs easily.
Maybe allow us to manually select the input/output places up to the factory's limit ?

7 years ago

I'm not going to change the default layouts now that I've already released the mod, but I could take a look at making the layout file easier to modify.

However, I'm sure that with a bit of effort you will find layouts for the new factory buildings that will be just as good a use of space. Maybe electric furnaces won't fit inside the building just as perfectly as they fit before, but on the other hand there may just be some awesome layouts that fit exactly inside the new buildings.

Thanks for the response, i wasn't really looking for a rewrite but maybe a modification of just the small building, i have all ready found a few uses for the tier 2 and 3 buildings but the small one just seems to have some problems. As i said before i am no modder but i do wonder how hard it would be to make the Mk1 building like your original one, i hope you understand how perfect you made that building XD. A big thanks for the original and this new mod. Cant wait to see what you make next.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

So in my own playthrough I ended up facing the Mk1 foundry problem myself. I spent hours trying to fit things in, and for a long time there was always one part that didn't fit, but in the end I managed to produce this amazing layout. Smelts two compressed red belts. Probably conclusive evidence that 30x30 is after all a good size for a factory building.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Well that does look good, i will see what i can come up with, regarding the larger buildings. Thanks for your time, :)

New response