Factorissimo2 Inception

Start the game inside of a Factorissimo2 factory. No escape from the factory now!

Content
8 months ago
Environment

i subsitute power source for equipment grid?

5 months ago

On my playthrough I just unlocked construction robots, but then I realized I can't actually deploy them because I can't charge my personal roboport, because there's no sun. Some options:
- just make personal solar panels work inside without explanation (this doesn't make much sense but it makes the problem go away, seems probably easiest and a better place than the status quo)
- make portable fusion available earlier (although this is very clumsy in practice because modular armour can't fit both a portable fusion reactor and a personal roboport, you'd have to do something wacky like put the portable fusion reactor in, have it charge some batteries, then swap it out for the roboport)
- make a new tech / craftable that works like portable fusion reactor but smaller / cheaper / presumably weaker, and available at the same time as bots
- make powered equipment only available later in the tech tree, so that people don't craft it without a way to power or use it

(I know you're not actively maintaining this mod anymore, but maybe someone else can pick up this idea)

2 months ago

There is a mod that lets you charge your equipment grid from your power grid; I used it when I did a seablock inside nested factories instead of expanding the island: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Induction_ChargingGW

New response