Factorissimo2 Inception

Start the game inside of a Factorissimo2 factory. No escape from the factory now!

Content
8 months ago
Environment

b [Fixed 1.1.3] Resources disappear when you change the input

3 years ago

I noticed that when you change the input resources, sometimes they disappear and you can never select them again in the Factory Input Item Controller menu.

For example, if you set one input to Coal, and then change it to Copper, the Coal is gone forever.

It seemed to work OK a few days ago, but when I tried starting a new game (with only this mod turned on) I can't change the inputs without losing them.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Here's a save from a new game where all the inputs are gone. I tried using all the settings you recommended in the other thread.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/caayrtznp4j5tj0/brokenfactorio.zip?dl=0

3 years ago

Hotpatch for this bug has been released. Thanks for the report!

3 years ago

Thanks for looking at it so quickly! Still not working for me though.

Here's another save if you need.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nwgxwqftxo6e74u/brokenfactorio2.zip?dl=0

3 years ago

Can confirm, bug is still there.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Oops, sorry, completely forgot about this.
What did you do for this to happen? When I set an input to Coal and then to Copper, I am still able to use coal anywhere else.
I see the broken save, it doesn't work there. Have you tried creating a new save, can you replicate it there? The bug is only fixed in new saves created after the patch, sadly not saves where the items have already disappeared (as I am unable to retrospectively access them).
Edit: link to a video where I try it

3 years ago

Yeah, the bug still persists even through new games, and i've realized it's only buggy with the other inputs other than the bottom 8. Those one's work fine when they're swapped, where as the sides and the top 8 are the buggy ones.

3 years ago

Yeah, the bug still persists even through new games, and i've realized it's only buggy with the other inputs other than the bottom 8. Those one's work fine when they're swapped, where as the sides and the top 8 are the buggy ones. And it's not that the resources can't be obtained anymore, it's just that they can only come out of where ever you have selected the first time, because if you put either a pipe or a belt back where it was, the resources still come through.

3 years ago

Thanks! I have now tested it and it should work in all cases in the newest mod version, 1.1.3. Was caused by a BoundingBox thing that I didn't know about, but should be fine now. Tested it and all four sides work for changing + removing things.
This patch will work if you have existing inputs and you haven't overridden them with other items yet, but it will not work if you changed the inputs on the top and left (from one item to another), where the inputs didn't react until now.

3 years ago

Thanks working for me now. I just have to start a new game 😭

New response