Factorissimo

Adds factory buildings you can walk into and build parts of your factory inside. This mod will not be updated for Factorio 0.15! Get Factorissimo2 instead, it's much better.

7 years ago
0.13.0 - 0.14

i Idea to identify the buildings

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Would it be possible to make it a kind of assembling machine that can produce all types of items but with crafting speed 0 ?
That way there would be an icon to identify the different buildings.

7 years ago

That's an excellent suggestion. I made it a roboport so you get notified when it is attacked, but that's much better.

7 years ago

If you could make the factory building display its contents when hovered over (akin to a blueprint), I feel that that would be an excellent way to distinguish between them.

7 years ago

Unfortunately the Lua API is very restricted in that regard, in most regards actually. Graphical features are generally hardcoded and I can't just add a new type of GUI element.

7 years ago

Would it be possible to use something like the way you can customize the blueprint icon? So you can select one ore more other icons that will be put on top of the building icon both in inventory and when placed if info mode is on?

7 years ago

You could do something like Nixie Tubes does and place a second non-interactable entity on top (a car, which "rotates" through the characters) to do the sprite work you need. If you place a constant combinator, you can set the first four signals to control its icons.

7 years ago

One question to answer is how to actually set those icons. My thought is to add a constant combinator inside the factory near the door that is interactable, and have the non-interactable one outside copy its settings from there.

Then you just need to ask Wube to add blueprint like overlays to item icons (Or could you make the item a blueprint?)

7 years ago

Why not just allow users to name the factories? Then just display the factory name on the tooltip.