Factorio Power Redux

by gmyx

Adds Solarpannels and Accumulators MK 1-8 Adds Electric Boilers. Formely Luzivras Factorio Power Updated for 1.0, fixing many bugs

Content
2 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Power

i Feedback

3 years ago

I think fairer and more balanced is very good. I downloaded the mod and I'm looking forward to the new features. Thank you for the work.

Fairer und ausgeglichener finde ich sehr gut. Habe den Mod heruntergeladen und freue mich auf die Neuerungen. Vielen Dank für die Arbeit.

3 years ago

The mod calls for Factorio base 1.0.0 ..
I'm currently using 0.18
Unfortunately I couldn't load the mod.

Die Mod fordert Factorio base 1.0.0..
Ich benütze aber momentan 0.18
Leider konnte ich die Mod nicht laden ..

3 years ago

When I do an update in the next few day, I will drop the base to .18 since it will work for both.

3 years ago

Just uploaded a new version and made it support .18. I hope you are able to use it!

3 years ago

Thank you for your work.
Unfortunately, a new problem has emerged.
The Factorio version 0.18 requires flib 0.3.0.
Your mod version 0.18 requires flib 0.3.3 - but this is intended for the Factorio version 1.0.0.
If I install the 0.3.3 anyway, I cannot research any further collectors, but only build the 600 kW variant.

Vielen Dank für deine Arbeit.
Leider ist ein neues Problem aufgetaucht.
Die Factorio Version 0.18 benötigt flib 0.3.0.
Deine Mod Version 0.18 verlangt flib 0.3.3 - diese ist aber für die Factorioversion 1.0.0 vorgesehen.
Installiere ich trotzdem die 0.3.3 kann ich keine weiteren Kollektoren mehr erforschen, sondern nur die 600kw-Variante bauen.

3 years ago

Thanks for the info. Will change that.

3 years ago

Can you give the latest version a try. I dropped the flib requirement to 0.3.0 but can't easily test with .18 and flib 0.3.0

3 years ago

Thank you for the very quick adjustment.
I integrated your mod into an existing game.
I'm already doing research for MK1.
So far everything works perfectly.
Thank you for your work.

Vielen Dank für die sehr schnelle Anpassung.
Ich habe deinen Mod in ein bestehendes Spiel integriert.
Ich bin bereits bei der Forschung für MK1.
Bis jetzt funktioniert alles perfekt.
Vielen Dank für deine Arbeit.

I now have 6 solar fields with a total of 600 individual cells = 36 MW .. that's ok ..
With MK1 a capacity of 288 MW.
With MK2 with only 4 fields (400 * 3.84MW) of approx. 1.5 GW
Etc..
A single MK 6 cell has 15.73 GW .. wow ..

What if MK1 only had 80KW but was much much cheaper to research and manufacture?
..2xMK0 + 3 chips, 2 steel = 1xMk1 ..
Good for the early game, good for the advanced game ..
Wouldn't the incentive to research all extensions and actually build them be much greater? - you have invested so much work ..
And I want to build the dark things too.
Wouldn't it be a little more realistic? (lol .. Factorio more realistic ..)
Solar energy (no pollution) should cost work.
..400 * MK1 = 32 MW
..400 * MK2 = 400 * 100KW = 40 MW
..300 * MK3 = 300 * 120 KW = 36 MW ..but less space requirement ..
..300 * MK4 = 300 * 150 K <W = 45 MW
..300 * MK5 180KW, MK6 220 KW, MK 7 300KW = 90MW etc.
Solar power is a hobby. I love to produce very little dirt.
We already have mods with extreme solar panels ..
What do you think?
In the end my factory will need around 250 to a maximum of 750 MW.

3 years ago

Yah, I want to reduce the output. This is a remake of an abandoned mod. The formula right now is previous level *8. I am looking for a better progression. Somewhat along the lines of your suggestion. Probably along the lines of 2 to 3x previous level. Same for the accumulators.

3 years ago

Thank you for the info.
That's why I looked at the mod because you wanted more realistic values.
Doubling the values ​​would be more than enough.
Otherwise you don't even want to build up to level 8 ..
1 cell level 8 then provides 7.28 MW / 1 cluster with 100 cells 728 MW - if I may say that: still very high.
That you want to include the batteries is great.
Your idea with the colors is also very good.
I look forward to your work.

PS: I have just finished researching MK1 and will soon be building the first cells.
Since the whole thing is very resource-intensive up to now, it took a long time and upgrading the cells is too expensive. I will definitely not research and build more than MK1.
I wanted a model in which I could build a few cells quickly at the beginning and then expand them with the first few resources so that the performance can keep pace with consumption.
Did I already say that I love the idea of ​​solar cells?
Thank you for taking care of this.

3 years ago

I just release the re balance. Well, the first kick at the can of it. I went with 2.5x but recipes are around 3x. The reason is I wanted to trade some efficiency for space. Just like other things in Factorio, it's a trade off.

New response