FNEI

by npo6ka

FNEI mod. All recipes for items and usage for them.

Utilities
3 months ago
0.15 - 1.1

b Not working with 0.18.22

3 years ago

+1 on this and a whole bunch of other mods

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

As a workaround, you can remove everything related to the key mapping (search for "pressed-fnei-gui-key" and "pressed-fnei-back-key" and "gui_key_name" and "back_key_name") from data.lua and scripts/events.lua. Then FNEI will work again, but without hotkeys (which I personally never used).

3 years ago

Wow... There is no kill like overkill?

How about changing consuming = "script-only" to consuming = "game-only" in data.lua instead? That way you even get to keep the functionality :P

3 years ago

Sorry, I've got no modding experience, so I didn't know that. I just thought of sharing my findings until someone like you comes with a better solution :-) Thanks for pointing it out!

3 years ago

Thank you for the file name. Looking up file content in windows has been a crapshoot since windows vista.

3 years ago

Asterix, why not "none" instead of "game-only" ?

3 years ago

Walk nickel for me Thank you friend

3 years ago

Thanks Asterix. This worked for me and also revived FillForMe, just editing the data.lua in FNEI

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Using "game-only" will disable normal escape functionality because FNEI will intercept that key. The use of "none" does not have any adverse effects.

Use either Damokles' specific fix for FNEI, or Steinio's "fix-all" mod until the authors get around to fixing things.

3 years ago

I used "game-only" because it seemed like the logical update from the original "script-only", and haven't had any problems with escape, in the few hours I played since.

Wouldn't using "none" cause the default escape window to appear when trying to close a FNEI window using Escape?

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

Check out https://mods.factorio.com/mod/what-is-it-really-used-for

I find it a bit better to use than FNEI anyways.

3 years ago

Notap: took me a moment to figure that one out.

I'll go out on a limb and guess that your first language is French, and you possibly translated your original reply via google. Because "ça marche nickel" really doesn't work when translated literally :P

Here you go: https://www.linguee.fr/francais-anglais/traduction/%C3%A7a+marche+nickel.html

3 years ago

@Muramas not for Angels. I want exact numbers and recipes and not where it is used which I know.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Any good soul would update a temp of this mod with those fixes until we get a official release, if we ever get one. Like we have with other mods like "port from 0.XXX, while it is not fixed"

3 years ago

Problem is, FNEI is a dependency for some other mods, such as the skyblock pack, and those mods depend on the exact mod name, which is unique.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Any good soul would update a temp of this mod with those fixes until we get a official release, if we ever get one. Like we have with other mods like "port from 0.XXX, while it is not fixed"

As mentioned, my mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/zzz_fix_your_shit let at least start you your game again without altering FNEI.

Is the dev still around or is it abandoned?

3 years ago

Version: 0.3.1
Date: 2020-01-23
Bugfixes:
- Fix "script-only" errors
- Added polish translation (VrozaX)

New response