FNEI

by npo6ka

FNEI mod. All recipes for items and usage for them.

Utilities
3 months ago
0.15 - 1.1

b Lagspikes in multiplayer

5 years ago

Everytime a player clicks an item for the recipe,
it creates a lagspike / stutter for the whole game.

We played modded with 7+ players and it became a nightmare.

The modpack is quite heavy with pycoal mods and some others.

FNEI is way superior to all the other mods that want to be a recipe tool.
Hope this issue gets resolved somehow. Maybe too many global table uses?

5 years ago

It only seems cause spikes if you have the favorite / last used recipes tab unfolded.

5 years ago

Seems I have the same issues in single player. Closing the favorite / last used also prevents the spikes for me.

5 years ago

I will try to fix these problems after the release of 0.17, if the mod is relevant for the new version.

5 years ago

It seems that this problem is caused by the output of information in the log.
If you put all the flags output information in false, then everything works without lags. I will remove all unnecessary logging in the next version of the mod. I would also like to test the new version of the mod on any server with a large number of people (more than 5), if someone wants to help me with this, please report it.

5 years ago

Although I see that version 0.1.12 of the mod I have already turned off almost all information output to the log except errors.
This is very strange, I can not repeat your error on my server. I would be very grateful for the help in finding this problem. It takes several people to test this error.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

We just started playing in bobs+angels+spacex and the lag-spike is extremely annoying T_T
Basicly, the server lags for everyone whenever someone makes an FNEI search.

5 years ago

I'd like to add that this lag is also present in single player for me, and depends not only on if the favorites/recent are closed, but also on the number of rows in that tab. If you make it 7+7, it lags so much more than, say, 2+0.

5 years ago

We just started playing in bobs+angels+spacex and the lag-spike is extremely annoying T_T
Basicly, the server lags for everyone whenever someone makes an FNEI search.

Yes, we had same problem here ... We are going to try anotrher "recipe book mod" ... hope that FNEI will be fixed

5 years ago

Although I see that version 0.1.12 of the mod I have already turned off almost all information output to the log except errors.
This is very strange, I can not repeat your error on my server. I would be very grateful for the help in finding this problem. It takes several people to test this error.

well how can we help you? :)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Got same problem in both single and multiplayer

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Ah i only have the issue when the last recipe and favourite bar open.

5 years ago

I'd like to add that this lag is also present in single player for me, and depends not only on if the favorites/recent are closed, but also on the number of rows in that tab. If you make it 7+7, it lags so much more than, say, 2+0.

Got exactly the same issue.

4 years ago

I've still got this problem, affecting both single and multiplayer. Could you tell me what
"If you put all the flags output information in false" means?
What flags where? I'm willing to do this if you can explain what you mean. Are you referring to the settings in the FNEI menu to select what categories of item are displayed in search results?

4 years ago

I turned off all the necessary options. The problem still remains, but does not always appear. I will try to optimize the mod later and report on my attempts in this topic.

4 years ago

I tested the mod, lags are caused by gui hotbar. If all players turn it off in the settings or do not deploy it, then there will be no lag. I am working on fixing this problem, I hope fix will be released soon.

New response