FNEI

by npo6ka

FNEI mod. All recipes for items and usage for them.

Utilities
2 months ago
0.15 - 1.1

b FNEI admin-setting technology-peeking conflict with Omnimatter's recipes

5 years ago

First off, some options within FNEI were changed:
Unlocking the admin controls within FNEI (all three) and setting FNEI window to stay open (don't auto-close).

Then the game was played normally for the most part. at some point during play, i open FNEI to check a recipe or see what technology i need to research in order to get to a certain point.

Omnimatter isn't like most mods, it's very dynamic. it unlocks and locks recipes, overwrites its own recipes once research is completed, etc.

On this particular occassion, after checking a piece of research and opening the technology window, my omnitractor recipes disappeared. saving/reloading the game didn't restore them. opening FNEI and the technology window showed i had researched the necessary technology and normally (creative Mode+lots of OP beacons+reduced science cost) play through without using FNEI doing pretty much all the same things results with no losses in recipes within omnitractor.

Created a new world. activated most of the creativeMode cheats, and built a simple research factory that would research things quickly.
I took screenshots every so often but a few hours into the game i was well past my original "error" point and had many more omnitractor recipes available to me.
I opened FNEI, set the admin controls to let me use it to look into the technology window, clicked a technology icon for something and BOOM, all my recipes are missing for omnitractor.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7xshj8917fb34io/FNEI%20deleted%20omnitractor%20recipes.rar?dl=0

5 years ago

zip file has screenshots, save files, and factorio-current.log

I forgot to include modsettings.dat, but i can send that too if you need it.

5 years ago

and specifically, the recipes that cause the behaviour are ones related to (used in) the omnitractor

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

my very-uneducated guess is that, somehow, the way omni handles disabling/enabling higher tier recipes in some function within his mod (when research is done) is getting called whenever FNEI tries to parse through/scan/traverse the technology tree. the function FNEI uses is triggering a recipe reset (or a technology-effect reset) somehow/somewhere.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

i can create a more slimmed down save file with fewer mods if that helps, and more screencaps

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

a MUCH trimmed down playthrough with far fewer mods, and more screenshots for the first 5 minutes of play till i was able to cause the error.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vhlt045c1w97vfc/AAA56xrjZF-ZUx6BXCDgs8yPa?dl=0

As soon as Rubyte Ore extraction 3's technology icon is clicked (look through the screenshots), recipes for oil sand get deleted from omnitractor.

Somehow, the fNEI-method being used to scan the technology tree is triggering the function that omnimatter uses to dynamically enable/disable recipes based on what research is completed. My guess is that, once the technology tree (list of pre-requisites) is printed/returned to FNEI, and printed to screen, omnimatter is like "hey, this recipe for oil-sands (or whatever WASNT in the list of pre-requisites for the clicked-icon technology within FNEI----) ...shouldn't be enabled. okay, lets disable it"

5 years ago

Thank you for your detailed feedback. Now I do not have much time, so I'll study your problem in more detail later. I have already written more than once that the factorio does not support the possibility to open a technological tree for the technology we need, so we have to use a workaround that can cause such problems with non-standard modes. That's why it's possible to watch the technology tree through the mod only for admins and with their permission.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

if it helps, i've used FNEI extensively in the past, in almost every world i've ever had, and always enable the admin options. and i don't recall this behaviour ever occurring before. and i believe that is due to the very-dynamic way omnimatter unlocks/update/overwrites/disables technology throughout a playthrough. Its mostly a hunch, and one i don't know how to test and verify the cause or formulate a solution--the best i got is a GUESS as to why this occurs specifically with omnimatter is tied to the work-around omni uses to update recipes...and whatever that method IS---is somehow getting called, and during the function call, it is passed incomplete technology-completion info due to only part of the technology tree getting printed/scanned by FNEI to whatever research is clicked on within your GUI----and somehow, the result is that recipes are removed from the omnitractor

5 years ago

located what i think is the triggering function within omnimatter that dynamically disabled recipes within control.lua of omnilib

line50 of control.lua "omnilib_2.0.11.zip": function omni_update(game)

New response