FNEI

by npo6ka

FNEI mod. All recipes for items and usage for them.

Utilities
2 months ago
0.15 - 1.1

b Clarity problem with Sea Block

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I've been explaining this for days so hopefully I've gotten better at it.

When using Sea Block (an extreme challenge mod pack), there is a recipe conflict between Angel's and Bob's. There is a wooden board in Bob's intermediates that shows properly in FNEI (requires Angel's cellulose fiber and alginic acid) other than it requiring assemblers. In angel's bio tab there is a cellulose fiber board that shows with no recipes to make nor consume it in FNEI (other than recycling if those mods are in place). The problem comes in here. Either Sea Block or Angel's prevents Bob's wooden board from being handcraftable. It also makes Angel's cellulose fiber board (totally different icon from Bob's wooden board) turn into Bob's wooden board on craft, not the cellulose fiber board. I'm speaking with Bob and I've mentioned this on the Angel's forum but I thought you might have a clever solution. The only solution I see from a user experience standpoint is to change the icon of Angel's cellulose fiber board to that of Bob's wooden board but that would not help if the user went to FNEI and saw that Angel's cellulose fiber board has no recipes to create nor consume it. Any ideas?

6 years ago

Thanks for your feedback.

This problem has been discussed for a long time on the form. It is strange that bob and angel have not yet solved this problem.

As for the display in my mod, it would be strange to make any exceptions to certain mods. I try to support the principle of independent for my mod from others mods, but I try to find ways to solve such problems. I'll think about it, but I think that the problem should be solved by the creators of mods, and in extreme cases, the creators of modpack.

New response