Enhanced Biters

by Mylon

Biters have additional behaviors and get continuously stronger, scaling evolution to effectively infinity. How long can you survive?

Content
11 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Enemies

b Categories of omni-compression will be hiden with this mod installed

6 years ago

Even happens when i use command to re-reseach all related techs.

6 years ago

force.reset_technology_effects() is the culprit. Is it possible to enhance biters by buff them rather than decrease torret damage?

6 years ago

That definitely is a troublesome function and a lot of mods rely on it not being called. I'll see if I can keep track of where modifiers should be and modify them appropriately instead of relying on reset_technology_effects()

6 years ago

I've searched around Factorio API but seems like there's no way to modify the attribute of entity in game. A trival solution might be... generate as much tier of bugs as user want through config?

Rampant use some nice template to generate its large biter prototype library and it offers 10 tiers of biters each kind. But attributes are hardcoded in prototype luas. I'm not sure if factorio can store 1000 tier of biters in memory without crash... but that might be so fun ;)

6 years ago

I updated the mod with a method that doesn't rely on reset_technology_effects(). This may cause a problem if any other mod changes turret damage by means other than technology.

New response