Endless resources with full yield deprecated

Makes all resources infinite as oil. Keeps the yield from dropping below 100%.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0
Cheats

b Mining yields too much if the patch has over 100%

4 years ago

As of one of the new versions (after 17.53) you get more ore if the patch has over 100% yield left. This results in ridiculous large amounts of ore in you inventory.

4 years ago

I've been off for a couple of months, sorry. Trying to fix this. Any help is more than welcome.

4 years ago

I already tried to solve the problem myself and ended up building a new mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/endless_resources
My mod basically just checks every 5 minutes (iirc) if there are ore patches on the map that have less than 1000 ores in it and then just adds 5-100k (iirc). But this isn't the best solution because of three points:
1. Every 5 minutes, your UPS will go down depending on map size and your system specs.
2. If you have really high mining speed, you can mine more than 1000 pieces of ore in 5 minutes, resulting in the depletion of some fields nevertheless.
3. You are only using the graphic for a big chunk of ore because the number will always be higher than 10k in the normal playthrough.

Oh and fluids are a thing for themselves, not sure if they are compatible to other mods than Bobs.

So if you want to have a look at it, feel free to give me advice or update your own mod without my problems. :)

New response