Enchanted Industries & Chemicals

Makes oil processing more complex and important in the game. Makes light oil and heavy oil more useful. Adds new materials and 40+ new fluids. Adds new resources such as nickel, aluminum, chromium and shale. Requires Enchanted Electronics and Enchanted Nuclear.

3 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

g Screws & sticks under oil processing

3 years ago

Maybe these items belong in intermediate products, and if that starts getting too complicated, there could be a whole new tab. Oil processing was a counterintuitive place to find them.

3 years ago

Hello, I will update the mod tomorrow to try to fix all the problems you sent me.

3 years ago

Awesome, thanks! I've been enjoying the new version quite a bit so far. Felt like an accomplishment even to get red science automated, let alone green.

If you're interested in two more small pieces of feedback:

• More than one module slot in a cultivator would be nice. Nowhere near having this, but it would be nice to put in two efficiency 3s and get maximum efficiency, for example.

• Copper plate to bronze plate ratio is a little weird. Iron to steel is a very pleasing ratio (before modules), for example: 3.2 seconds for an iron plate is 0.3125 per second, needing 5 iron plates every 16 seconds is 0.3125 per second. Exactly one iron furnace per steel furnace. 3.2s for a copper plate is 0.3125, needing 8 every 10 is 0.8, so there's no convenient ratio of furnaces which exactly uses up the copper plate production when making bronze. 9 every 9.6s would be 3 furnaces of copper for every bronze furnace. 8 every 10.24s would mean 2.5, and 8 every 12.8s would be 2 for 1. Just some thoughts on getting some nice arrangements for the furnaces.

3 years ago

I have updated some problems with the Enchanted Industries mod, I have not identified the cause of the problem for the electronic circuits, I will try to search again but it's possible that it is something with Factorio.

3 years ago

Nice, thanks for the updates!

Is bronze now 8/25.6? If so, the UI rounds it off to 8/26. Probably not a big deal.

Regarding the wood -> wood fiber -> green circuits issue, you might be able to get some advice on the forums. Like I mentioned, they didn't seem to think it was a bug in the game when I asked about it.

New response