Enchanted Industries & Chemicals

Makes oil processing more complex and important in the game. Makes light oil and heavy oil more useful. Adds new materials and 40+ new fluids. Adds new resources such as nickel, aluminum, chromium and shale. Requires Enchanted Electronics and Enchanted Nuclear.

3 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

b Factorio fails to launch mod

3 years ago

Good day peole:
Whenever I try to install this mod (I have tried the 0.17 and 0.18 base game with a bunch of versions, aswell as Windows 7 and Windows 10 with different hardware) I get an error message at the start:
"Failed to load mods: The given sprite rectangle (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=64x64) is outside the actual sprite size (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=32x32). If this is being used as an icon you may need to define the icon_size property.: base/graphics/icons/explosives.png"
There's a similar thing on Enchanted Nuclear (U235), what do I do to make it work?
Thank you very much.

3 years ago

It's strange, are you playing Factorio on Steam? There is an error with the size of the icons, on Steam the icons can have a size of 64x64 and 32x32 while on other versions of Factorio like that of GOG the icons have a size 32x32.

3 years ago

Yes, I do play on steam. Really wishing I had picked it up from GoG.
Should I try the GoG version and report back what happens?
Thank you for the support.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

No need, I will make my own icons for each recipe for every mod without using these of the game that should fix the error. I will come back to you when I have finished.

3 years ago

I have finished. Please update all mods to the latest version and see if there are no more errors for you. It should be good now.

3 years ago

Just tried it in 0.17 and it wouldn't update automatically. I then tried 0.18 and after failing to load the correct version I reinstalled the mods and they seem to work.
Thank you so much for this mod and the special support - I am looking forward to having a smoking brain over this one for a few hundred hours.

3 years ago

You're welcome :)

This thread has been locked.