Adds electric locomotives to the game.

Content
3 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Trains

b 0.17.21 broken

4 years ago

Hi there,

I cannot craft the power supplier any more with 17.21. I could deconstruct the one made with 17.14 but it dissolved into source materials. Also, the control station I built instead supplied the trains with power. Something seems to be wrong here ;).

4 years ago

No. you dont need the power supplier anymore. This update implements a new behavior. For future updates, i will add more control stations to supply the trains (e.g. mk1 can supply 2 trains, mk2 4.....). The problem was that many user only build one power supplier for many trains and this works without much negative impact (e.g. slow trains). Now each train (locomotive entity) got a seperat hidden power supplier (you can see thah at the electricity statistics)

4 years ago

btw, how do you like this new behavior?

4 years ago

The bad news is, in my current progress mit Angels mods, I cannot use E-trains anymore because I can not produce low density material yet. The old E-trains dont work anymore, but are still there....
This is frustrating, I´m going back to the old version....

4 years ago

well, I like the plan to have more power suppliers if you have more trains. My problem was that the old recipe was still there and it was very confusing (visible in UI but cannot be crafted). Also there was some kind of trolley (the thing collecting the power from the wires) that I had no idea how to craft.

Also, I would not expect "control" station to provide power. I was quite surprised that the train started moving after I built one :-).

New response