Electric Furnaces

by GotLag

Adds electric versions of the stone and steel furnaces, and two upgrades of the electric furnace, and an electric boiler.

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Noob Modder Question

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hello, so I'm new to modding and I have a question about your code. I am using your code as a guide to make a new assembler type building (an ore crusher). Your code seems easy to follow so that I could just switch out your items with mine. I copied your electric3 part of your code (lines 372-430) in entities.lua into a new file with new folders and everything to get me started. However, I keep getting "Error while running setup for entity prototype "crusher"(assembling-machine): No order string defined and there is no item to place it." I read that this is suppose to be a problem when making an entity in control.lua, however, you don't have such a file. (Hence as to why I thought your code would be easy to replicate.) I'm stumped as to why the code isn't working if the only thing I'm switching is electric3>crusher, furnace>assembling-machine, electric-furnace>assembling-machine-3. And switching all the respective item.lua, recipe.lua, and graphics as well. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit- I figured it out. I forgot to add "place_result = "crusher"," in the "crusher" item. Ugh, facepalm.

New response