Expanded Rocket Payloads Touched by an AngelBob

This mod gives Expanded Rocket Payloads, SpaceX, Orbital Ion Cannon and a few other Space oriented mods the AngelBob treatment!

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.16 - 0.18

i [Fixed] MoreScience support

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

It would be amazing if MoreScience was also 'touched' by this mod to add support for ERP's science to the MoreScience Labs (or appropriate end-game lab rather). Right now MoreScience doesn't support third-party science items in mods except for Angel's and thus it doesn't support ExpandedRocketPayloads science items to be researched with. A new dedicated lab and/or just adding the items to the list in the table for the MoreScience's final lab would be great!

Related conversation: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/expanded-rocket-payloads/discussion/5c48eda8ec24ef000d5e4870

It would involve adding an optional dependency on MoreScience and then 'adding' entires for ERP's science items to the lab item's inputs table. Right now MoreScience does this:

data.raw["lab"]["lab"].inputs =
  {
    "science-pack-1",
    "science-pack-2",
    "military-science-pack",
    "basic-automation-science-pack",
    "science-pack-3",
    "basic-power-science-pack",
    "production-science-pack",
    "basic-logistics-science-pack",
    "high-tech-science-pack",
    "space-science-pack",
  }

I.E it hardcodes in the list, so just need to append the missing items to it. The MoreScience mod also has a lab-mk2, which hardcodes in this inputs list:

data.raw["lab"]["lab-mk2"].inputs = {
  "infused-basic-science-pack-1",
  "infused-basic-science-pack-2",
  "infused-basic-military-science-pack",
  "infused-basic-automation-science-pack",
  "infused-basic-science-pack-3",
  "infused-basic-power-science-pack",
  "infused-advanced-science-pack-1",
  "infused-basic-logistics-science-pack",
  "infused-advanced-science-pack-2",
  "infused-extreme-science-pack",
}

And these tend to be used for the super-high-tier infinite and space researches in MoreScience, so they might better belong here.

Although, a new lab just for ERP's science packs would be far far better I'd think and considering how much this mod 'touches' these space mods already, plus it would be about as easy to do by copying the existing lab's data and adjusting it as needed with perhaps a graphics tint and a recipe change to take higher materials... :-)

5 years ago

I could just add it to the lab mk2.
I do not really want to add another lab that is not part of the base game to keep the changes mostly recipe only.
I try to do it by the weekend.

5 years ago

The lab-mk2 would be perfect, thanks much!

New response