DyWorld deprecated

by Dysoch

DEPRECATED! Replaced by [DyWorld-Dynamics](https://mods.factorio.com/mod/DyWorld-Dynamics) DyWorld, the successor of DyTech. Adding new systems, items, fluids, machines and enemies!!!! The Material System gives items like pipes and transport a real life feeling (metal property specific capacity/speed/range) and the Metallurgic System gives a new way to smelt ores. The Attribute System governs you! This means whatever you do, you get stronger from it!

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.15 - 0.18

g Opnion/Bugs/Ideas

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

As a old player of dytech(300+h of v2, and around 50h of v1) i will compare dyworld with the older versions.

In few words. I don't like the new version. the old V2 was way better than this one.

Now lets detail why.

There are a lot of new good mechanics that i like in this version, but most of then fell like you are cheating. And there is one think that i hated, really hated.

-----NEW TIERED SYSTEM -------

As some people have already said, the new tiered system is horrible, there are too many thinks to build, and 80% of then you wont use since they are not worth. Also mid game you will get stuck with lots of old tech that you can do nothing with.

I am comparing this with the old v2 system, where to make the tier 2 you needed the tier 1 and some more resources, now however. you need only the new resources. i liked the idea to "upgrade" things from V2.

----- ATOM SYSTEM -------
I liked the idea, however, its too easy and to cheat. using only water and energy i can make every material in the game. sulfur was one of the fist materials i had problems to get, however with 2 centrifuges, 12 splinters and 2 combiners, i had a infinite supply of sulfur(and any other material), at the cost of energy and water.

----- RUBBER -----
what can i say, an almost free material, costing only wood and energy(electric or fuel) to make, and its a 3 tier material. in my current game with evolution 86+%, i am using only rubber bullets. and its killing everything. 120 base damage, or 240 the advanced one. too strong and too inexpensive.

---- NEW TURRET SYSTEM-----
I liked the idea, but it has 2 problems. the bug about hitting walls, i kinda liked, it made me make different styles of bases, now i couldn't place 6 layers of walls in front of the turrets, now i only had 3 walls. and turrets in the middle. What i did:

= wall
T turret
- belt
i long inserter
. space

_----------
..........i
==========
===TTT====
===TTT====

it worked great and i loved the "bug".

Problem 1:
it only fires in 90% arcs, when the enemies comes in diagonals the turret is worth nothing. how to counter this:
1) increase the arc to 120%
2) change from 4 direction turrets (north, south, east, west) to 8 directions(N,S,E,W,NE,NW,SE,SW)
3) Correct the "bug" so we can place turrets in front of other turrets

Problem 2:
the turrets only fire direct at the enemy. if the enemy crosses from one side to the other of the turret, it never hits the target. the turrets needs to fire ahead of the enemy.

---- UNBALANCED ITEMS AND BUILDINGS ------

There are a lot of items and buildings that inst worth. Exactly because of the new tiered system.Example:
Current i have tier 1 and 2 of modules, and only copper, tin and iron are worth something. the rest are to unbalanced and give almost no bonus compare with the price.