DyWorld deprecated

by Dysoch

DEPRECATED! Replaced by [DyWorld-Dynamics](https://mods.factorio.com/mod/DyWorld-Dynamics) DyWorld, the successor of DyTech. Adding new systems, items, fluids, machines and enemies!!!! The Material System gives items like pipes and transport a real life feeling (metal property specific capacity/speed/range) and the Metallurgic System gives a new way to smelt ores. The Attribute System governs you! This means whatever you do, you get stronger from it!

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.15 - 0.18

b Reverse Factory Compatibility

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hello, some users have been reporting issues between this mod and Reverse Factory (and Mini Machines), and I would like to resolve these incompatibilities.

On startup with just this mod (v0.7.5) and Reverse Factory v5.1.5 in Factorio v0.16.51 (current latest versions of all), there is an error about an item called "dyworld-stone-assembling-electric" not existing in one of my machines' recipes ("reverse-factory-1"). It seems the assembling machine 1 that I use in that recipe is being replaced with something from dyworld that isn't actually defined.

This might also be happening with some of the machines from my other mod (possibly only when used alongside bobs) although I haven't gotten around to testing that yet.

EDIT: I have located the source of the issue. Under dycompa/dyworld-processing.lua, you change any recipe that uses vanilla assembling machines to use dyworld-stone/lead/steel-assembling-electric respectively. The lead and steel variants appear to be defined, but not the stone. And I'm not sure any of these are even actually used, since there exists a series of dyworld-assembling-electric, under data/processing/recipes.lua

I'm not sure if the dyworld-processing file is necessary, but by commenting out the entire file, I was able to fix the issue. Preliminary testing suggests that the game is running as intended. At the very least, the game starts up properly and the reverse factory recipes are working fine.

5 years ago

Ah that is an easy fix. Will change the stone (since it no longer exists in the latest build) to iron, which should fix all issues.
Thx for mentioning, forgot my compatibility patcher when i updated my “framework”