DyWorld deprecated

by Dysoch

DEPRECATED! Replaced by [DyWorld-Dynamics](https://mods.factorio.com/mod/DyWorld-Dynamics) DyWorld, the successor of DyTech. Adding new systems, items, fluids, machines and enemies!!!! The Material System gives items like pipes and transport a real life feeling (metal property specific capacity/speed/range) and the Metallurgic System gives a new way to smelt ores. The Attribute System governs you! This means whatever you do, you get stronger from it!

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.15 - 0.18

g JokeWorld

6 years ago

You know, this mod is a joke, right? Previous DyWorlds were better and more consistent and more fun.

6 years ago

Thanks for that constructive critism, much appriciated!

6 years ago

No problem. I am always happy to provide invaluable feedback.
I liked previous DyWorlds very much, so I was happy that you started working on new one, but this new is pain to play for me. I will have to find some other overhaul mod for me now.

It's too much over the top. There is too much useless items to craft so it makes it heavily confusing, and I don't see the real life element there. Almost for every item, there is entity for each resource. Like stone belt. The tons of recipies just kill the game and it's overly complicated from the start. the And the fact, some basic items cant be hand craft, like PCB. It's nice for realism, but sucks for gameplay.
Also the evolution proccess is boring. When I could make uranium very early just by developing the tech with red science and then break some moleculs into atoms and then make it uranium. The atom thing is by itself could win nobel prize for sillyness. And what the hack is the rubber mining drill, that's available from the start and is absolutely overpowered. It does not make sense to use any other.

And there are lot of recepies that miss icon or description, but I guess that's because the mod is still work in progress.

I like the previous Dyworlds more, because it had nice evolution tree and more or less it made sense while being very complicated.

There are some nice ideas, but as a whole this new one is illogical and boring to play. At least for me, sorry.