Leviathan

by badway

Adds flamethrowing flying tank leviathan It has a 10x10 equipment grid similar to the player’s grid. Compatible with SchallAlienTech, SchallTankPlatoon, SchallGunPod, bobvehicleequipment mods. Language en, ru.

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Combat

g Glitches and Suggestions

5 years ago

Minor Glitch: Rotating during turns has a staggered effect. Wouldn't be a problem except some angles are a bit off centered. Not sure if this is a result of being able to float without fancy remove and recreate mechanics like Helicopters does it so may not be fixable. I got used to it pretty fast though.

Suggestions: Make it fireproof. You're flying over the flames so you shouldn't be affected by them. Would be a little OP if using mods that add fire based attacks to some biters, but then again, the AAI Flame Tumbler is also fireproof so... there's that.

Also, it may be just a touch fast. And you should be able to turn in place with it.

Observation: I'll probably end up modifying this to use the alien tech in Schall Alien Tech / Schall Gun Pods, so it can use the plasma weapons and particle cannons... mostly because... well look at this thing! It's beautiful and it looks like some kind of advanced alien design so it should be able to take advantage of some of the alien tech from that mod pack

Final Thoughts: Awesome mod! Looking forward to using this in an actual play-through (used creative mode scenario to test it out).

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hello!
Turns, I think are associated with graphics, turns over the frames, and there are few of them. Maybe not. Graphics for me is a difficult thing, I do not know how to work with Photoshop, but I will try to fix the problem.
And about Schall Alien Tech, this idea was originally a weapon and the railgun was installed, but then the picture reminded the dragon's head and a flamethrower appeared.
Thanks for the ideas, we will work on the mod.
Fire immunity added in version 0.0.3

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

P/s
Translator works wonders.
If we translate one sentence, one result will be released.
If the whole text, then a different result.
You can do this indefinitely, it still comes out nonsense.)
I hope you have a well-developed intuition to understand what is written there)

5 years ago

I understand perfectly. I realized English isn't your first language. Seems like all the best modders here are Russian.

My skill is limited but I figured out how to add stuff from one mod to another at the expense of making the mod dependent on the source mod being drawn from. I need to learn how to use optional dependencies.

5 years ago

Also, you could always add more weapons. I've seen some vehicles with as many as 4.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Tired of new textures to apply, nonsense is obtained. But I will try.
I do not know a single programming language, I copy, look, analyze, change parameters, try to understand.
Suppose any car can be made flying by adding an empty parameter.
collision_mask = {}
render_layer = "air-object"
final_render_layer = "air-object"
Weapons can be inserted into the grid equipment.

5 years ago

Working here on the portal, and on Google Drive, you can throw
Version: 0.0.4
Date: 16. 02. 2019.
Changes:
- Changed textures, which improve
And what exactly was the desire to add? Maybe I can do it or I'll tell you how. Maybe I'll ask someone if I do not understand.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

The Grid uses items with type "armor". The weapons in Schall Gun Pods and Schall Alien Tech are set to other types to prevent loading them onto vehicles that shouldn't be logically able to do so. In theory, if you declare these equipment types and add them to what is allowed, that would be the easiest way to do it. I did that for another vehicle mod. Not sure if it's the right way to do it or not.

5 years ago

I can put up an example when I get home.

5 years ago

I apologize, you wrote about it, this is my head already refuses to work, everything is done.
Version: 0.0.5
Date: 17. 02. 2019.
Changes:
- Added compatibility with SchallAlienTech, SchallTankPlatoon, SchallGunPod mods

5 years ago

Testing the latest version... Grid size has been reduced to to 6x5. The same as the base superheavy tank from Schall Tank Platoon.

5 years ago

Ok found the issue; under entities.lua you have...

if mods["SchallTankPlatoon"] then
dar.equipment_grid = "tank-SH-equipment-grid"
elseif mods["bobvehicleequipment"] then
dar.equipment_grid = "bob-tank-2"
else
dar.equipment_grid = "large-equipment-grid"
end

The size of the Super Heavy Tank equipment grid is 6x5 so the equipment is enabled as available, however the grid is reduced from 10x10 to 6x5. Of course its possble in Schall Tank Platoon to change the base size of the tank grid though the options menu, but it might be better to keep the original grid settings and instead set the grid parameters to cover all the equipment...

equipment_categories = {"armor", "vehicle", "armoured-vehicle", "tank", "tank-M", "tank-H", "tank-SH"}

I don't know exactly how to do this though. I'm sure its easy enough.

5 years ago

Has made changes, the size of the grid is now constant 10x10
equipment_categories = {"armor", "vehicle", "armoured-vehicle", "tank", "tank-M", "tank-H", "tank-SH"}

Version: 0.0.6
Date: 17. 02. 2019.
Changes:
- Changed equipment mesh settings

5 years ago

Thanks. I'll play around with it again tonight.

5 years ago

I was pleased.
Doing something, I also learn.
I thank you.

New response