Dp77s FactorioPlus: Hyper Logistic

This mod adds 8 new tiers of logistic, each one with its belt, underground belt, splitter and inserter (with its filter version) And 2 new tiers of robotics: Advanced and Express. This mod, associated with Bob logistics, adds 6 logistics, from mk6 to mk11. (Now FULLY compatible).

Overhaul
5 years ago

g Can you remove the dependencies?

5 years ago

I really like this Logistic, Machine, and Mining mods you made, but I really don't want to add 24 more resources to the game... Can you just make the dependencies optional? I probably will play with the ores eventually, but I like getting a feel for machines and items before implementing changes. Can you just add some expensive vanilla recipes if the other mods are not detected so I can use the tech first?

5 years ago

I have posted this to the Discussion for all 3 mods in hope you see this... I want these mods to add more tech to the vanilla game but in .16 most machine mods are broke still or not supported anymore:'C... these are the most expansive ones I've seen with more available and all in only 3 mods... i am in the process of putting up a server but need this without all the added ores and stuff. This server is meant to introduce a few friends to the game and seeing all the ores may scare them away.

5 years ago

Hmmm… i don't know man, because:
_Their craftings use my plates, so my ores, so for remove the dependences i should remake all the craftings;
_Their tech threes are based on FactorioPlus Tech, so i should remake them too;

So you understand that this could be an expensive and long work (i understand what you mean and some time ago i've got the same idea), but first of all i must release all the mods in the description for complete the modpack and, after that, i could do something.

When i'll finish this, i'll do a version for the vanilla game and something similar with other big mods.

For now, i'm sorry, but i haven't enough time for do that. D:
-DiegoPro77

5 years ago

However i'll try to release the newest mods without dependences.

5 years ago

Ah, one moment: which are these "16 most machine mods are broke still or not supported anymore"?

5 years ago

The release .16 version has broken most of the mods that add machines to vanilla, but they are not up to date.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

What you can do is make vanilla recipes for the tech mods themselves and make the ores/plates mods replace the recipes of your tech mods with the modded ones. Just copy the recipe modifications over to one of those mods and set it to replace the vanilla ones. For example in Bob's tech mods are separate from the custom material recipes on "Bob's Ores". This can allow you to play with vanilla craft materials. This way you only need to make vanilla recipes and these mods can be used by new players and veteran players.

5 years ago

in general a better approach is as follows: as it enables one mod to continue working even if another is removed:
Create the mod with base-game materials for a recipe as the standard. If the mod detects that the ores and plates mod are installed, update the recipes to use the more complicate d(current) recipe. If the game doesn't detect your version of the ores+plates mod, but detects a similar item (say from bob's, angels, omni, etc) use that option in the recipe instead.

This is for: if the only reason for the dependency is a RECIPE issue.

5 years ago

in data.lua have it require recipes.lua
in data-updates.lua have it require recipes-updates.lua

in recipes-update.lua check for presence of other mods:

firstly: if mods["dp77ores-name mod"] and mods["dp77plates-name mod"] then
data_extend({ ....put your recipes here.....})
else
if mods["bobs ores"] and mods[bob-plates"] then
----make recipes for those variations
etc.....

this is just one method that can be used to deal with this particular issue

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Yeah i know this, but thank you however you for have repeated me these commands (i'll not need to search them ).
As you saw, and as many players have seen and sayd, my mods are quite big, if not very big, and, you know, change all the recipes for adapt the mods at the vanilla game will require a lot of time, but i need some time for add some new mechanics to the game and fix what i've were wrong in the past too (and obviously fix the bugs that you notice :D), i need to rebalance some recipes (like the quarries that i've already fixed or, idk, randomite, ecc.)… so you see that adapt my mods to the vanilla game without Fp ores could require a lot of time… but if i think that i would need to adapt these mods with the others… i will need certanly a lot of time, and you need to remember that no one is paying me for do my mods ( and i go to the high school and have some other hobbies to do in my daily routine )… however it doesn't mean that i'll not do it but... i think you've understood what i mean.
However, Whatever It'll Takes , i'll try to do what my community and what i want as i've always done… but i need time, a LOT of time. D:

Thank you for your ideas and the code examples.
_DiegoPro77

5 years ago

oh, and other thing i forgot: you can use a dict to declare local variables in recipe-updates.lua for stuff, which may help in editing later (if a mod changes the name of it's items), etc.

so:
local titaniumGear = "[actual-item-name]"
or even: basicItem1 = "[some vanilla item]"
then you can do something like:
if mods["dp77ores"] and mods["dp77plates"] then
basicItem1 = "item-titanium-gear"
else
if mods["bobs ores"] and mods[bob-plates"] then
basicItem1 = "...whatever bob's mod calls them" --(this only runs though if dp77 isn't installed, cause it only checks if that check fails)
end

then in the recipes: just use the generic variable "basicItem1"

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

this method first declares a vanilla item to be used as the basic resource, but if another mod adds something comparable, it replaces the item the recipe uses. and this can be done in much fewer lines of code if you make all the declarations first.
But that works best if the number of ingredients doesn't change. if you want the ingredient amounts to change, then this doesn't work so well. so ....gotta figure out what works best for you

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Interesting…

However, in this moment, i'm busy at texturing the mining drill mk10 and mk11, so i cannot dedicate myself to remove dependencies, but when i'll finish this i could start do something…

5 years ago

Ok: i've tested the usafphoenix method for compatibilities and it's working: thank you!

5 years ago

welcome :D

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

also: a method in data.lua can be used to force that at least 1 mod containing plates has been enabled, with this included you can set all dependencies to optional, but at least one of them must be used (if you don't want to also include vanilla recipes). if you set vanilla recipes first, and then do a recipe-update, this is unnecessary.
if not mod["dp77plates"] and not mod["bobsplates"] then --no mod adds plates. only runs if both are disabled.
error("either dp77 plates or bobsplates must be enabled")
end

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Interesting...could become very useful, but i could change the alloys recipes based on Fp ores with the vanilla ones, in order to not be obligated to modify all the mods.
_DiegoPro77

New response