Disco Science

Makes science labs light up with the colours of the science packs they are consuming.

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

g [Implemented] Industrial Revolution colors?

4 years ago

Any chance to add support for IR? Right now labs just glow (an admittedly nice) purple no matter what science is being done.

4 years ago

Indeed, this is an issue of mod compatibility. If you look at the game log, you'd see that DS doesn't recognize IR's "medium" labs.

4 years ago

Even though the "medium labs" are just the vanilla labs. >.>

4 years ago

I'm about to release an update with support for IR's icons. It's a bit silly because they're just copies of the base science pack icons, which would work fine if IR just pointed at them.

Can you tell me more about this "medium lab" error? The regular-looking labs in IR seem to work as expected in my testing.

4 years ago

I'm about to release an update with support for IR's icons. It's a bit silly because they're just copies of the base science pack icons, which would work fine if IR just pointed at them.

No, they are copies of the high-res technology icons scaled down to 64x64. I'm not putting 128x128 icons on items. Vanilla Factorio is still using the old plain 32x32 icons.

So, not copies at all.

4 years ago

I guess I didn't realize the issue was from the science icons, and not the labs themselves. I kind of figured you found the majority color using a procedural way instead of something more fixed.

4 years ago

Thanks for the fix!

4 years ago

@Deadlock989 That makes perfect sense, and indeed what I'm doing with icon names is unusual. Thanks for the explanation!

4 years ago

@AshenSwift That would be nice, but unfortunately I don't think there is any way of querying colours from images in Factorio's scripting API.

4 years ago

Was the latest update supposed to fix support for IR? My labs still just glow purple when I put red, green, and military packs in them. I'm also playing with Krastorio if that matters.

4 years ago

@sonaxaton Yes, version 0.1.14 includes support for IR. Can you provide a copy of Factorio's logs when loading with your current mod set?

4 years ago

Sure thing. It looks like Krastorio is actually overriding the graphics for all the science packs.
https://pastebin.com/nY6ipKsw

4 years ago

Any progress on this?

4 years ago

I think this should work now (0.1.15)

4 years ago

Works great, thanks!

New response