Disco Science

Makes science labs light up with the colours of the science packs they are consuming.

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

b Unrecoverable Error

4 years ago

When trying to research something that uses one of "MSP - 30 new science packs"'s science packs: https://imgur.com/a/3xOgVX5

4 years ago

I'm afraid I haven't been able to reproduce this issue. What is it you were trying to research?

4 years ago

After opening the mod and adding log statements in places, the actual error is trying to use a research recipe that was changed after disco science loaded, causing it to think one or more of the packs used don't exist. Making it load after MSP and adding all of MSP's packs to colorMapping fixed it.

4 years ago

Glad to hear it!

Does this mean I can look forward to a pull request for MSP support? πŸ˜‰

4 years ago

I'm not the owner of or involved in the development of MSP, also not sure where i would put one of those. I think this also displays the symptoms of a larger problem, any mod that modifies tech recipes after disco loads isn't handled, because the recipe reader only runs once at startup.

4 years ago

Yeah, unfortunately I don't know of a better way of doing it. The modding API isn't really designed to extract or associate colour information in the way that I'm doing it.

New response