Disco Science

Makes science labs light up with the colours of the science packs they are consuming.

Tweaks
13 days ago
0.17 - 1.1

b [Fixed] Error when combining with Advanced Underground Piping

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

When I combine this with Advanced Underground Piping (aka Advanced Fluid Handling and underground-pipe-pack), pressing the CTRL-R and CTRL-SHIFT-R hotkeys while hovering over an underground pipe from that mod produce this error:

Script @underground-pipe-pack/lib/event.lua:37: The mod Disco Science caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event DiscoScience::script_raised_built (ID 77)
DiscoScience/control.lua:72: attempt to call global 'showModError' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
DiscoScience/control.lua:72: in function 'addLab'
DiscoScience/control.lua:218: in function <DiscoScience/control.lua:217>
stack traceback:
underground-pipe-pack/scripts/rotate-and-toggle.lua:36: in function 'RotateUnderground'
underground-pipe-pack/scripts/rotate-and-toggle.lua:49: in function <underground-pipe-pack/scripts/rotate-and-toggle.lua:42>
[C]: in function 'pcall'
underground-pipe-pack/lib/event.lua:271: in function 'dispatch_event'
underground-pipe-pack/lib/event.lua:342: in function <underground-pipe-pack/lib/event.lua:305>

If I edit control.lua to move the declaration of showModError to before the first reference, I get a popup message instead, saying

DiscoScience detected an unspecified entity being created. This usually means there is a minor mistake in another mod. Please report this issue at mods.factorio.com/mod/DiscoScience
You can keep playing, but some labs might not animate properly. This message will not appear again during this session.

I don't see a way to attach a save here; please let me know the best way to get one to you if you want one.

5 years ago

Thanks very much for the report, and for looking into the details. I've just released version 0.1.1 which should address the crash (much like you did).

I've let the author of Advanced Fluid Handling know how to fix the issue on their end.

New response