Disco Science

Makes science labs light up with the colours of the science packs they are consuming.

Tweaks
13 days ago
0.17 - 1.1

b [Fixed] Crash on picking up lab.

5 years ago

Version 17.21, latest Disco Science.

https://i.imgur.com/TJlFFWb.png

5 years ago

Hey AshenSwift, thanks very much for the report!

Just looking at the code, it appears that this could happen when you try and mine a lab which belongs to a force that I somehow haven't registered. Are you using any other mods? Would you be able to provide a save file in which I can easily reproduce the issue?

5 years ago

Likely the cause would be the ruins mod, that leaves labs (and other things) to a separate "player" force in the wild. I'd say start there.

5 years ago

Thanks for the tip. I looked at the code for that mod, and it appears it creates all its entities without raise_built. This means that DiscoScience doesn't get any notification of their creation, and makes it much more difficult to track them. I'll raise the issue with the author.

5 years ago

Version 0.0.5 should prevent fatal errors in this sort of situation. This should make it 100% compatible with the Ruins mod, because ruined labs are never researching anything.

However, if other mods which create labs and don't raise a notification, those labs will have no animations with Disco Science.

5 years ago

Awesome, and looks like Ruins also fixed it on his side. Glad to help, even a little. Yay multicolor science!

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Yes, thanks again!

New response