Delete Empty Chunks

by Strath

Delete chunks which contain no player entities, configurable chunk radius & paving detection

Utilities
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

g Does it delete chunks that have machines but not pavement?

I'm concerned about deleting parts of my base because I do not use pavement since soil absorbs pollution.

4 years ago

Any player built structure would keep an area from being deleted. Detecting paving is an "advanced" feature that can be turned off.

3 years ago

Why not limit the parsing list to mining drone, assember, oil refinary and oil pump?, power generator. Or simply radars.

3 years ago

Because it would be a nightmare to maintain a list of things to either ignore or keep. The automatic designation is simply a check of "entities" that belong to players and "tiles" that are paving. Support is added for some mods, as requested, to designate some tiles as not paving. That itself is only occasionally updated.

3 years ago

What I realize you both may have missed is the "radius" option. Which designates how large of an area around each player built structure to keep. A value of 6 would cause a 12 chunk by 12 chunk area centered on a single entity. This value can be used to keep the internal areas of a sparsely built base from being deleted while deleting wide expanses of explored but unused areas.

New response