Darkstar Utilities

Propel yourself all the way from mining stone with your hands to ripping holes in reality. Darkstar Aims to extend the playtime of the game to well over twice the standard. With extra features like Quarries and Ore Probes for mining in lands with no ores, or launching rockets to mine deep space materials. With roughly 664 currently added features!

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

b Multiplying Empty Filters

3 years ago

For some reason, using up higher level filters gives you back more empty filters than it costs to make. This ends up clogging your system after a while.

3 years ago

For some reason, using up higher level filters gives you back more empty filters than it costs to make. This ends up clogging your system after a while.

That should be patched out in 0.19.1. Are you on 0.19.0?

3 years ago

Ah, didn't catch there was an update. (Not a fan of the extra steps now for air filters btw. Adding more pollution via assemblers)

3 years ago

Ah, didn't catch there was an update. (Not a fan of the extra steps now for air filters btw. Adding more pollution via assemblers)

I'd encourage you to stick with it for a while before fully deciding. I reformed my Air Filter system in my world and I'm consuming far less Coal and Sand. You should actually need fewer Assemblers now than before if you balance it right. Either way, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts after a few more hours of play.

3 years ago

So, with the way pollution works, you need them spread out, not just in one place. I used to plot down a filter wherever I happened to already be bring coal in. Then the filter and assembler would just feed each other back and forth. I feel like know I need to either double my assemblers and continue as I am, or rework the entire thing to have filters being made in one location. I just didn't want to add that many belts throughout for pollution control (and don't have logistics yet)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

So, with the way pollution works, you need them spread out, not just in one place. I used to plot down a filter wherever I happened to already be bring coal in. Then the filter and assembler would just feed each other back and forth. I feel like know I need to either double my assemblers and continue as I am, or rework the entire thing to have filters being made in one location. I just didn't want to add that many belts throughout for pollution control (and don't have logistics yet)

The "Best" way to handle filters is to increase your base in a border of filters placed in each "Chunk". Placing filters on-site does much less for filtration than the wall method. Of course, this does mean you need special assembly areas for it.

New response