Darkstar Utilities

Propel yourself all the way from mining stone with your hands to ripping holes in reality. Darkstar Aims to extend the playtime of the game to well over twice the standard. With extra features like Quarries and Ore Probes for mining in lands with no ores, or launching rockets to mine deep space materials. With roughly 664 currently added features!

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

b Vacuum Chamber

3 years ago

Hello,

I can't seem to find any way to make a vacuum chamber. The red/green research titled "Vacuum Chamber" only unlocks "Flywheel Vacuum Chamber (Recipe)" and two versions of "Lithium Steel Composite (Recipe)." I tried loading up in sandbox mode to make sure I wasn't going crazy but I could not find it anywhere with all technology unlocked. If I'm just missing it please let me know.

Thank you

3 years ago

With the last update you can now craft Lithium Steel Composite by hand.
Use this recipe until you can craft your first vacuum chamber (you need 2 Lithium Steel Composite).
https://i.imgur.com/81JWU5v.png

3 years ago

Hello,

I´ve kinda the same problem. But cant find the lithium ore anywhere. I dont even know how it looks like. Now im stuck and cant build half of the stuff i need cause im missing lithium.

3 years ago

Hello,

I´ve kinda the same problem. I just cant find the lithium ore anywhere. I dont even know how it looks like. Now im stuck and cant build half of the stuff i need cause im missing lithium.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

With the last update you can now craft Lithium Steel Composite by hand.
Use this recipe until you can craft your first vacuum chamber (you need 2 Lithium Steel Composite).
https://i.imgur.com/81JWU5v.png

Thanks for the help Sendrock. Where were you able to find the by hand recipe for Lithium Steel Composite? (Yes, I made sure I'm on the latest update.) In my crafting menu I can only see the vacuum chamber recipe.

Also, is that screen shot from the latest update? The icon for the first new item available is different from the one that I have. The one that I have is labeled "Flywheel Vacuum Chamber (Recipe)" and its icon looks kinda like a open gray fuzzy barrel. (Terrible description)

Thank you again for all your help!

3 years ago

Hello,

I´ve kinda the same problem. But cant find the lithium ore anywhere. I dont even know how it looks like. Now im stuck and cant build half of the stuff i need cause im missing lithium.

I've found one patch so far. It was bright pink on my map (like oil deposits), against the side of a lake, and very very small. I could only fit three miners on it small.

Good Luck trying to find some and let me know if this helps!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hi,

It should be in your intermediate product tab like steel plate and other things. Here is a .gif on the latest version of the mod. Maybe uninstall it and download it again ?
https://imgur.com/a/GTl0Rv4

Also, the tech you'r talking about is not the good one for the recipe. The flywheel is another tech just after the vacuum chamber.
https://i.imgur.com/Ibojg0a.png

3 years ago

Halfway there! The new recipe for Lithium Steel Composite is now showing up! Sadly, Vacuum Chamber is still nowhere to be seen. I will try to post a image to help explain further.

3 years ago

Here is a link to some screenshots I just took. https://imgur.com/a/HOqvxDG

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

You have another mod that is installed : Enhanced Energy Grid Storage (in the tooltip)

The mod prob have some recipe with the same name. Try to disable it and load your save without it to see if you have the correct recipe with darkstar utilities.

3 years ago

I feel stupid for not noticing that... THANK YOU! IT WORKED!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hello,

When adding Lithium to the game I wanted it to be an incredibly hard to find resource with really poor yields. This was meant to be a way to "Forcing" players into using Trains or longer belt chains. However, while playing on a world with a friend recently I noticed that no matter how hard I tried I could not find any Lithium ore. So it's possible the spawn rates are bugged. if you find any it would be greatly helpful to know about it. Thanks

Edit: You can use the following command in the Cheat menu to spawn a large ore patch of Lithium. Make sure you are standing where you want it to spawn

/c local surface=game.player.surface local ore=nil local size=5 local density=10 for y=-size, size do for x=-size, size do a=(size+1-math.abs(x))10 b=(size+1-math.abs(y))10 if a<b then ore=math.random(adensity-a(density-8), adensity+a(density-8)) end if b<a then ore=math.random(bdensity-b(density-8), bdensity+b(density-8)) end if surface.get_tile(game.player.position.x+x, game.player.position.y+y).collides_with("ground-tile") then surface.create_entity({name="lithium-ore", amount=ore, position={game.player.position.x+x, game.player.position.y+y}}) end end end

3 years ago

Hello,

When adding Lithium to the game I wanted it to be an incredibly hard to find resource with really poor yields. This was meant to be a way to "Forcing" players into using Trains or longer belt chains. However, while playing on a world with a friend recently I noticed that no matter how hard I tried I could not find any Lithium ore. So it's possible the spawn rates are bugged. if you find any it would be greatly helpful to know about it. Thanks

Edit: You can use the following command in the Cheat menu to spawn a large ore patch of Lithium. Make sure you are standing where you want it to spawn

/c local surface=game.player.surface local ore=nil local size=5 local density=10 for y=-size, size do for x=-size, size do a=(size+1-math.abs(x))10 b=(size+1-math.abs(y))10 if a<b then ore=math.random(adensity-a(density-8), adensity+a(density-8)) end if b<a then ore=math.random(bdensity-b(density-8), bdensity+b(density-8)) end if surface.get_tile(game.player.position.x+x, game.player.position.y+y).collides_with("ground-tile") then surface.create_entity({name="lithium-ore", amount=ore, position={game.player.position.x+x, game.player.position.y+y}}) end end end

You can delete Emty Chunks and the Game is recreate the Chunks with all ore
My Map is createt without Darkstar before Darkstar have become the 1.0 update and have delete all emty Chunks without Player Entitys and have all chunks recreatet and scaned with a Radar and have i have now Lithium Ore on my Map

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/DeleteEmptyChunks

Sry for my bad English^^

New response