Darkstar Utilities

Propel yourself all the way from mining stone with your hands to ripping holes in reality. Darkstar Aims to extend the playtime of the game to well over twice the standard. With extra features like Quarries and Ore Probes for mining in lands with no ores, or launching rockets to mine deep space materials. With roughly 664 currently added features!

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

b Lithium

3 years ago

Maybe i'm being dumb, but the only thing that can make Lithium Steel Composite is the Vacumn Chamber.

The Vacumn Chamber needs Lithium Steel Composites to make it.
Is there somewhere else to make Lithium Steel Composites? or is it loop-locked?
Should the Vacumn Chamber not use just steel to make

3 years ago

I've got the same problem too

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

If you don't care about locked achievement you can still use a command to give yourself some of the vacuum chamber and keep playing the mod
:
/c game.player.insert{name="vacuum-chamber", count=1}

But this will disable achievement and if you want to reenable them you'll have to do it yourself (https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?t=29709)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Also, if you really want to keep the achiev you can fix it by yourself until the update reach us.

• Find the Darkstar_utilities_0.18.7.zip in your "mods" folder.
  • Copy/paste it somewhere else so you can work on it.
  • Extract the .zip and open the prototype\recipe.lua with something like notepad++ or anything else.
  • Ctrl+f and search for the keyword "vacuum" to find the vacuum-chamber recipe.
  • Right under type="recipe", name="vacuum-chamber", select the {"lithium-steel-plate", 2}, line and erase it or replace it with anything you want like steel-plate.
  • You should have something like this :

{
type="recipe",
name = "vacuum-chamber",
enabled = false,
energy_required = 7.5,
ingredients =
{
{"leaded-glass", 2},
{"iron-plate", 20},
},
result = "vacuum-chamber"
},

• Save & Quit. Right click the folder you had and compress it into a new Darkstar_utilities_0.18.7.zip (with the same name )
  • Replace the old .zip in your "mods" folder with the new one you made.
  • Load your savegame and craft a few vacuum chamber for yourself.
  • Save, quit the game, delete the .zip you made and download official darkstar again.

Now you can start making some lithium steel composite and craft more vacuum chamber if needed

3 years ago

Yes :)

3 years ago

Thanks

3 years ago

Maybe i'm being dumb, but the only thing that can make Lithium Steel Composite is the Vacumn Chamber.

In design, I intended the recipe to be really hard to make before getting the Vacuum Chamber, and then get easier after it's made. In testing I remember there being a recipe for it that doesn't use the chamber. But of course it's completely possible I forgot, I'll look into it.

3 years ago

In design, I intended the recipe to be really hard to make before getting the Vacuum Chamber, and then get easier after it's made. In testing I remember there being a recipe for it that doesn't use the chamber. But of course it's completely possible I forgot, I'll look into it.

Edit: Did some looking, in code there are two Lithium Steel Composite recipes designed for in hand, and in Vacuum respectively. I forgot to enable both. Thanks for the report.

3 years ago

So, still issues with Lithium. It seems you can make the ore it from Stone, but to do so you need an Extractor, which takes Lithium to craft . . .

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

You can find lithium patches on the map : https://i.imgur.com/KknPlmC.png

You can also find lithium ore in quarry juste like here : https://i.imgur.com/ZJDQpzM.png

So you can mine it/take it and craft your first vacuum chamber/extraction machine. They'r a bit rare so you'll have to wait a lot (quarry) or explore a lot (patches)

New response