Darkstar Utilities

Propel yourself all the way from mining stone with your hands to ripping holes in reality. Darkstar Aims to extend the playtime of the game to well over twice the standard. With extra features like Quarries and Ore Probes for mining in lands with no ores, or launching rockets to mine deep space materials. With roughly 664 currently added features!

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

b No lead in starting ore patches when used in conjunction with Bob's mods

4 years ago

I recently started a game with Darkstar and Bob's mods, but started with no lead in my starting area. I set my starting area to maximum, and since I'm using RSO with altered settings that generated quite a large area of empty land with no ore patches. As a result, it took 29 hours of turret creeping with sniper turrets to reach the nearest lead patch.

Should lead always be one of the starting ore patches if Bob's mods are enabled?

For reference: https://old.reddit.com/r/factorio/comments/dat4zk/darkstar_bobsafter_29_hours_and_hundreds_of/

4 years ago

I recently started a game with Darkstar and Bob's mods, but started with no lead in my starting area. I set my starting area to maximum, and since I'm using RSO with altered settings that generated quite a large area of empty land with no ore patches. As a result, it took 29 hours of turret creeping with sniper turrets to reach the nearest lead patch.

Should lead always be one of the starting ore patches if Bob's mods are enabled?

For reference: https://old.reddit.com/r/factorio/comments/dat4zk/darkstar_bobsafter_29_hours_and_hundreds_of/

I can't fully attest to how things work when Bobs and RSO are enabled. When those two mods aren't present lead tends to spawn a pretty decent amount around start. I'll look into it over the next few days/weeks to see if I can the compatibility smoother.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Thanks. A big part of why it was such an epic journey was because I was using RSO with maximum starting area size and region size set to 25 chunks and 100% chance for ore to spawn in each region. I think for a map with more normal-ish settings it wouldn't have been quite so bad. Still, for Bob's you pretty much need lead in the starting area.

New response